The release of F1 22 has excited everyone to try out Codemasters’s new iteration of their Formula 1 game lineup. It’s the official game of the 2022 FIA Formula One World Championship, so the fans understandably want to experience the new cars, authentic drivers, tracks and locations.
While there is much excitement regarding the game's launch, many players forget how demanding F1 22 can be, even on modern systems. For example, PC users will require an excellent processor, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti or higher graphics card, or better to run the game smoothly.
Fortunately, this guide is designed to help you run F1 22 on 60 FPS, even with budget PC specs. So, without further delay, here are the best graphic settings you should use.
F1 22: Best PC Graphics Settings for 60 FPS
Running F1 22 and achieving the smoothest gameplay performance can be challenging, even for gamers with a decent rig. While we have figured out how to run the game optimally, we are confident the results will differ on different system configurations.
- F1 22 Top Speed - What is the fastest speed possible?
- F1 22 Game Driver Ratings - Best Drivers Listed
- F1 22 best car - What is the fastest vehicle?
- Best F1 22 Fast Start - How to get off to a fast start
Regardless, we are sure that players will have a good time and enjoy the game at 60 or more frames per second with the following settings.
- Gamma Adjustment: 100
- Motion Blur Strength: 10
- Steering Animation: On
- Display Mode: Fullscreen
- Aspect Ratio: Auto
- VSync: Off
- VSync Interval: Auto
- Refresh Rate: Monitor’s maximum refresh rate
- Frame Rate Limit: On
- Maximum FPS: Monitor’s maximum refresh rate or 360
- Output Monitor: Your primary Monitor
- Anisotropic Filtering: 8x
- Anti-Aliasing: TAA and FidelityFX Sharpening/ NVIDIA DLSS/ AMD FSR
- DLSS Mode: Sharp (Will only show if you have NVIDIA DLSS selected on the above option)
- DLSS Sharpness: 50 (Will only show if you have NVIDIA DLSS selected on the above option)
- AMD FSR Quality Level: Similar to NVIDIA settings
- AMD FSR Sharpness: Similar to NVIDIA settings
- Dynamic Resolution: Off
- Detail Quality: Custom
- Ray Tracing Quality: Ray Tracing will be off for a performance boost
- Ray Traced Shadows: Off
- Ray Traced Reflections: Off
- Ray Traced Ambient Occlusion: Off
- Ray Traced Transparent Reflections: Off
- Lighting Quality: Medium
- Post Process: Medium
- Shadows: Medium
- Particles: Off
- Crowd: Medium
- Mirrors: Low
- Car and Helmet Reflections: Medium
- Weather Effects: Medium
- Ground Cover: Medium
- Skidmarks: Low
- Skidmarks Blending: On
- Ambient Occlusion: Off
- Screen Space Reflections: Medium
- Asynchronous Compute: On
- Texture Streaming: Medium
And that’s all the settings you need to play to achieve the best in-game performance in F1 2022. Please note that this is only a guide; you can play around with the settings to determine the most optimized performance for your system configuration.
Note: If you have a modern high-specification PC, you can bump up certain settings and see the changes in gameplay to adjust accordingly.
For more on the game, head to our section dedicated to the latest Formula 1 news, updates, guides, esports coverage, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Codemasters / Electronic Arts.