Lost Ark is a free-to-play title that pairs the "best of ARPG combat and MMO depth", from Tripod Studio and Smilegate RPG, and published by Amazon Game Studios, has already seen tremendous success. In its Head Start period (it is free-to-play starting 11th February 2022) the game has already reached the 500,000 concurrent players milestone on Steam, which even caused some technical issues. As a PC title, some gamers on the platform might be experiencing performance issues in Lost Ark, suffering from low fps.
In this guide, we tell you exactly which steps to take to improve your fps in Lost Ark, putting those performance issues to rest.
How to fix Lost Ark performance issues & improve fps
Not to be confused with connectivity and latency issues, low frames-per-second (fps) in Lost Ark is a completely different beast.
Before we get to the suggested Lost Ark performance issues fixes, it is important that you make sure your PC meet's the game's system requirements.
If this isn't an issue, we also suggest you update your graphics card drivers to the latest version. For NVIDIA that's GeForce drivers, and AMD has Radeon drivers.
The developers have shared some official "quick fixes" for Lost Ark performance issues:
- Try switching from windowed or borderless windowed to full screen, or vice versa. In some cases, doing so may increase your fps while playing.
- Close any unneeded programs while playing, as they can adversely impact your computer's performance. These programs include web browsers, background programs running in your system tray, etc.
- Be sure that your computer isn't downloading Windows updates, other games, etc. Performing tasks that involve writing to your drive can drastically decrease your computer's performance.
If the quick fixes don't work, then we suggest following the steps below as outlined by Lost Ark support:
- From the in-game play screen, select the Esc button.
- Within the Game Menu, select Settings, and then Video.
- Scroll down and select Auto Settings.
- Resume gameplay to test the change.
- If lag isn't improved, select All and lower the settings until gameplay improves.
A good rule is to set your graphics to low, test out the performance, then gradually increase graphics settings until you are happy with the quality/performance ratio.
Additional steps you can take to improve fps in Lost Ark are:
- Set Windows power settings to High. Performance.
- Checks for Windows updates.
- Reduce startup applications.
- Ensure your video drivers are up to date.
- Verify integrity of game files.
- Scan for malware.
- Reset your video driver software to the default settings.
- Check for evidence of overheating.
Hopefully, these measures will help you fix Lost Ark performance issues, improving your fps for a smoother experience in the world of Arkesia.
If all else fails and your gaming rig meets the game's system requirements, we suggest contacting Lost Ark support.
Don't forget to check out our dedicated, ever-expanding Lost Ark section for news, guides and much more.
Featured image courtesy of Amazon Game Studios.