PUBG Mobile 1.4 update is coming soon following a beta testing period. The update will add a host of new features and game modes including the much-anticipated Titan Strikes which sees the likes of Godzilla and King Kong land on the game's various islands
There is also a new Arena map, a new vehicle, and a brand new over-the-shoulder firing mode. There are also a host of new quality-of-life features and buffs and nerfs to various weapons we cover more extensively in the patch notes.
If you want to know more, read on!
PUBG Mobile 1.4 update - release date / file size
Godzilla and King Kong will arrive (Picture: PUBG Corporation)
PUBG Mobile 1.4 update will be released on the 11th of May. Players will be able to download the latest version from Google Play Store and App Store, the update will be a 660MB download for Android devices and 1.67GB for iOS.
PUBG Mobile 1.4 release times:
- App Store by May 11, 03:00 UTC
- Galaxy Store by May 11, 06:00 UTC
- Amazon Appstore by May 11, 08:00 UTC
- Google Play by May 11, 15:30 UTC
While the PUBG Mobile 1.4 release times vary by app stores, everyone should have the update well before the end of 11th May 2021.
Those that update between the 11th to the 16th of May will get three rewards for doing so, they include:
- 2888 BP
- 100 AG
- Banana Bonanza (3 d) *1
PUBG Mobile 1.4 patch notes
Titans arrive on Erangel on 11th May, Sanhok on 15th May, and Livik on 20th May, event ends on 8th June.
Mysterious Titans have struck, and monsters from beneath the earth's surface are rising up and forming settlements! Experience the shock and thrill of seeing the Titans up close on the map! There are three mysterious Titans in total that can be found on Erangel, Sanhok, and Livik, respectively. An entrance will appear on the map once the gameplay is available. Simply select the entrance to start the gameplay.
The Titans will first make a spectacular entrance on Spawn Island. After combat begins, the Titan will start moving along a random path across the map and interact with the newly added camps and monster settlements.
Take your time to explore these new elements, including the camps of the Apex Expeditionary Army, monster settlements, and Titan Crystals!
New Arena Map: The Hangar (starts 1st June)
Supported modes: Team Deathmatch, Arena Training, and Team Gun Game
A hangar on a huge ship floating on a vast ocean. A tense and fast-paced battlefield with plenty of cover and offering a range of tactical choices: get up close and personal, or hang back. But whatever you do, you won't survive without fast reactions and seamless cooperation with your teammates.
- Team Deathmatch: Unlimited respawns. Eliminating enemies rewards players +1 point., and the first team to eliminate the target number of enemies wins.
- Arena Training: Players can freely select weapons from the Spawn Point without having to set up a Loadout.
- Team Gun Game: All players start with the same weapons, which can be upgraded by eliminating opponents. The winner is the first team to eliminate the opponent with the ultimate weapon, the Pan, or the team with the highest score when the countdown ends.
Other Map Improvements
After the update, Metro Royal and Power Armor modes will be taken offline for refinements and will return at a later date.
S19 Royale Pass
Starting on the 17th of May there will be a brand new Royale Pass, introducing new Insect-themed skins, some past favourites, more RP badges, and much more.
If you want to know more check out our Season 19 Royale Pass guide.
New Vehicle: Coupe RB
The new two-seat sports car, the Coupe RB, has room for you and a friend—but only one—to enjoy a fast race!
One of the fastest vehicles available in Battle Royale mode. It can hit over 150 km/h.
Keep an eye out for the Coupe RB in Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok, and Livik.
New Shooting Mode: OTS (Over The Shoulder)
- A new combat option: OTS. Hit the OTS button to enter OTS.
- When using OTS, higher accuracy comes with the cost of movement.
- The OTS button can be fully customized, and the sensitivity can be set separately.
- OTS can be toggled on or off in System Settings -> General Settings
New weapons in Cheer Park
The following weapons have been added to Cheer Park:
- The M249's appearance has been updated, and its stats have been adjusted.
- The M249's rate of fire and damage have been slightly reduced. Its recoil has been increased, and its magazine capacity has been reduced from 100 to 75.
- New magazine and stock attachments have been added, which can be equipped to increase the M249's reload speed and capacity. With the increased magazine capacity, it can hold up to 150 rounds.
- The M249 can also be equipped with a Tact Stock to help control recoil and improve stability.
Pistol Balance Adjustments
- Slightly increased the headshot multiplier of all pistols.
- Greatly increased damage multiplier of all pistols for hitting arms/legs.
- Increased the R1895's damage, and greatly increased its rate of fire.
- Increased the damage of the R45 and P1911.
- Slightly increased the P92's damage, and greatly increased its rate of fire.
- Slightly increased the Desert Eagle's rate of fire.
Sniper Rifle Scopes Crosshair Offset Calibration
Updated Marksman Rifles, improved the scope's cross-hair calibration by reducing the aiming crosshair drift.
Game Performance and Other Improvements
- Updated Character creation to reduce lag
- Updated the Backpack to reduce lag when opening it
- Updated Vehicles to reduce lag during entry/exit
- Updated GC strategy to reduce lag
- Updated terrain LOD and cropping to increase overall frame rate
- Updated the sky and water to increase overall frame rate
- Updated character rendering to improve frame rate and crowd rendering
- OPPO devices now support displaying Spawn Island Countdown in the background and returning to the game
- Fixed the occasional startup crashes for iOS 1G devices
In the new version, there are more incentives for investigators to use the Video Review feature in the Security Zone. Players who obtain the Master Investigator rank will receive the permanent Elite Investigator title. They can enter the battlefield with this title to display their achievements.
Video Reviews have also undergone an upgrade. There is new content waiting for players, and the team of Investigators will continue to expand.
(3) Security Improvements
- Improved safety detection for the All-Talent Championship, whereby inspections and penalties will be adjusted dynamically to meet different online situations
- Enhanced the identification of different cheating behaviors, such as auto-aiming, perspective-changing, and grass removal
- Continued to expand the Investigator teams and recruited retired Esport players to join Investigator teams to improve judgment accuracy in controversial cases
Other System Improvements
Achievement UI has been upgraded, and Hidden Achievements have been added. Hidden Achievements are obtained once their conditions are met.
- Added the Legacy Achievements system; Players will not lose Legacy Achievements that they have already unlocked, however, Legacy Achievements will no longer be obtainable after they are removed
- Added competitive gameplay; players can now compete with friends for achievements
- Added new Godzilla/Microcosm Gameplay, Hidden Achievements, and Moments-related Achievements
Message Manager Upgrade
Players can directly view new Shop and Supplies content in Message Manager. The message count display has also been upgraded.
Synergy can now be displayed on player information cards for players in Teams and on the Match Results page. Players can customize which kind of Synergy they want to display first. If the player does not specify a preference, their teammates with the highest Synergy will be displayed first.
BP gifts will be upgraded to a gift of higher value for Synergy Connections.
- Rewards have been added for Tiers. Players can now receive rewards immediately upon reaching a Tier
- The Tier Display has been upgraded to accentuate the sense of accomplishment for reaching new Tiers.
All-Talent Championship Upgrade
Participating in the All-Talent Championship will now be counted towards completing Daily Mission Combat Missions.
Improvements to Cheer Park
- A new graffiti wall has been added, and the Ferris Wheel has been upgraded so that it now rotates automatically.
- Three guns, the MK12, M1014 and Famas have been added to the Training Grounds and Cheer Park. Try them out and get some practice.
- Emote/Bubble Lucky Spin in Cheer Park have been updated. Both can now be previewed via the Emote Menu.
- The volume for firearms shots in Cheer Park has been adjusted.
- A report option has been added to the interaction sphere.
In-match Like Feature
You can like your teammate's gameplay in-game. You can turn this function off in the settings.
New Friends Features
- New Social Feature: Players can now access Friend Moments from Personal Space. They can post/share statuses that only their friends can see.
- Friend Status: Players can interact with their friends by liking or commenting on their status updates.
- Popular Statuses: Players are notified of the most popular statuses in their Friend Moments, making sure they remain updated with what's trending.
- In-game Album: A new album feature has been added. Players can now store in-game screenshots in the album.
Customizable Online Status Messages
- New "Free", "Busy," and "Invisible" online status options can be set in the Friends sidebar.
- Status can only be set to invisible for 3 days a week.
For more on PUBG Mobile, check out the best landing spots in Karakin.