Pokémon GO Trainers eagerly anticipate the start of the upcoming limited-time event, Clefairy Commotion. This event coincides with the real-world lunar occurrence of the Harvest Moon, where they’ll likely gain an encounter with the Fairy-type Pokémon.
There’s also the possibility that a Shiny Clefairy may appear in the wild for those lucky enough to spot them. This guide will explore Clefairy’s base stats and weaknesses to determine the best counters and movesets for Pokémon GO.
Pokémon GO Clefairy – Best Counters & Weaknesses
Clefairy is extremely weak to Steel and Poison-type attacks, so Trainers would be wise to utilize these types when encountering it in the wild. Quite similarly, Pokémon with Charged and Fast Attacks possessing these types can be added to the battle-up.
- Pokémon GO Leaks Tease Mareanie, Toxapex, Celesteela & Lunala
- Pokémon GO Psychic Cup – Best Picks And Rules
- Pokémon GO Roggenrola Community Day – Dates, Featured Pokémon, More
- Can Elgyem Be Shiny In Pokémon GO – Psychic Spectacular
During the Clefairy Commotion event, Clefairy will appear more often in the wild between 6 pm and 9 pm local time on 10th September 2022. Below we have suggested the best Steel and Poison-type counters that Trainers should use against Clefairy:
- Zacian: Metal Claw; Iron Head
- Metagross: Bullet Punch; Meteor Mash, Flash Cannon
- Dialga: Metal Claw; Iron Head
- Exacadrill: Metal Claw: Iron Head
- Nihilego: Acid, Poison Jab; Sludge Bomb, Gunk Shot
- Gengar: Lick; Sludge Bomb
- Roserade: Poison Jab; Sludge Bomb, Solar Beam
- Eternatus: Poison Jab; Cross Poison
Other type counters:
- Deoxys: Poison Jab; Zap Cannon
- Mewtwo: Confusion; Psystrike
Pokémon GO Clefairy – Best Moveset And Stats
During the Pokémon GO Clefairy Commotion event, Trainers can encounter the Fairy-type Pokémon more frequently in the wild and, if lucky, its Shiny form. Once they’ve caught Clefairy, they can utilize the Pokémon’s stats and moveset in Raids, GO Battle League events, and more.
To effectively use Clefairy in combat and determine which moveset is best, we’ve listed the Pokémon’s base stats, including its attack and Combat Power (CP):
- ATK: 107
- DEF: 108
- STA: 172
- CP range: 611 - 660
- CP range with Weather Boost: 764 - 825
Clefairy’s most powerful moveset is the Zen Headbutt and Moonblast with Disarming Voice as an optional Charged Attack. While the Zen Headbutt has less DPS than Pound, it inflicts more damage than the Fast Attack.
Moonblast, on the other hand, is a powerful Charged Attack overall for Clefairy to utilize as it has a higher Damage output and greater DPS. However, Moonblast and Disarming Voice benefit from the same type ATK Bonus, as they’re both fairly-type moves, granting them a 20% damage bonus.
That concludes our guide on the best moveset, counters, and weaknesses for Clefairy in Pokémon GO.
For all the awesome content, check out our section dedicated to Pokémon news, updates, guides, features, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Niantic / The Pokémon Company.