The Capcom Pro Tour 2022 will be the last time Street Fighter V will feature as the main competition for the company's most prestigious fighting game circuit, as SF6 looms on the horizon.
As such, Capcom is looking to give SFV a proper sendoff, with this year's CPT leading up to the long-awaited return of the Capcom Cup, which has been absent since 2019 amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Players all over the world will get to compete in regional events to earn a spot in Capcom Cup. With more than a dozen events spread out across the globe, true to Street Fighter's nature, CPT is trying to find out the best world warriors to crown one as a winner. Let's take a look at everything you need to know about the Capcom Pro Tour in 2022.
CPT 2022 - Schedule
The Capcom Pro Tour will run from June until December. A few events have been played already, crowning four regional champions, however, from now on, we'll have a CPT event almost every other week.
There are three main ways players can earn their spot at Capcom Cup. Online qualifiers, offline premier tournaments, and a new system called the World Warrior regional program.
First, here is the full list of upcoming online qualifiers.
- 11th June - Japan
- 9th July - South America West
- 16th July - Asia Southeast
- 30th July - Central America East
- 13th August - Australia
- 20th August - Central America West
- 27th August - South Africa
- 3rd September - Brazil
- 24th September - Nordic/Baltic
- 15th October - Asia
- 22nd October - Europe West
- 29th October - Middle East
- 5th November - Asia East
- 26th November - Europe East
- 3rd December - North America East
Offline premiers will be revealed at a later date. We can assume Evo 2022 will count as one, but it still remains to be seen if Capcom makes an official announcement regarding its status within the CPT.
- Guile Street Fighter 6 gameplay revealed at Summer Game Fest
- Street Fighter fans react to divorced Ken story leaks in SF6
- All Street Fighter 6 Characters Leaked So Far
- Street Fighter 6 - Release date, platforms, modes, roster, more
Finally, the World Warrior system will let players compete at their local tournaments to earn points on an online leaderboard, and the winners of their regions will qualify for Capcom Cup. More details regarding this system will be announced shortly.
CPT 2022 - Prize pool
Winners of online events and top-placed players will split a $5k pot within. The pot will be divided between the top 4 of each online premier. Each offline premier will have different pots set to be announced by tournament organizers at a later date.
CPT 2022 - Capcom Cup qualified players
This is the full list of all pros that have already qualified for Capcom Cup IX.
- Samurai - North America West qualifier winner.
- The4philzz - United Kingdom/Ireland qualifier winner.
- Mister Crimson - France/Spain/Portugal qualifier winner.
- Justakid - North America Midwest qualifier winner.
For more on all things fighting games and Street Fighter related, check out our dedicated section filled with tournament results, tier lists, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Capcom.