A big batch of changes are coming to Teamfight Tactics, ready to shake the current meta that's been the favourites of many players, thanks to new mechanics like the Radiant Items and the debut of more champions such as Akshan, Lucian and Senna.
So for patch 11.16, Riot will focus on shaking the state of the game, with many changes announced to several traits and units who have seen low pick rates. Most of what we have here will be buffs to allow for a wider variety of both openers and win conditions, so expect to see many nerfs and adjustments to some popular comps.
Patch 11.16: Champion changes
Starting with the champions, lots of units have been in Riot's sight during the last three weeks, with Tristana, Irelia and Lee Sin topping the charts around the most picked units, so expect them to receive a much-deserved nerf after dominating the Convergence.
Some others like Lucian, Galio, and Nocturne have struggled to shine in this expansion due to their lack of power coming from their abilities or their preferred item comps. As this has been the case for many champs since patch 11.15, Riot has prepared many changes to keep the game healthy and evolving.
Tier 1 champions
- Leona starting Mana buff: 0/80 ⇒ 40/80
- Olaf Berserker Rage heal on basic attack: 25/35/75 ⇒ 20/30/70
- Vayne Attack Damage: 30 ⇒ 35
Tier 2 champions
- Tristana Rocket Jump Attack Speed: 125/150/175% ⇒ 120/130/140%
- Irelia Defiant Dance base damage reduction: 40/50/60% ⇒ 30/40/50%
- Irelia Attack Damage: 65 ⇒ 60
- Sejuani Fury of the North bonus Armor and Magic Resist: 80/125/250 ⇒ 60/100/200
- Sett Armor and Magic Resist: 35 ⇒ 40
- Thresh Death Sentence Damage: 200/400/1000 ⇒ 175/350/800
- Varus Attack Damage: 60 ⇒ 65
Tier 3 champions
- NEW: Nocturne’s spin ability now deals bonus physical damage
- Nocturne Umbra Blades Bonus Damage: 0 ⇒ 70/85/110 (scales with Ability Power)
- Nocturne Umbra Blades Attack Damage Ratio: 125% ⇒ 70%
- Nocturne Umbra Blades Heal: 90/95/100% ⇒ 100% (no longer scales with Ability Power)
- Nocturne Umbra Blades Attack Speed Buff: 30/35/40% ⇒ 35%
- Lee Sin Cripple Damage: 250/350/700 ⇒ 250/350/650
- Lee Sin Mana nerf: 30/70 ⇒ 30/80
- Lulu Whimsy ally Attack Speed Buff duration: 4 sec ⇒ 5 sec
- Riven Blade of the Dawn Bonus Attack Damage: 90%/100%/130% ⇒ 90%/100%/120%
- Riven Attack Damage: 85 ⇒ 80
- Yasuo Burning Blade Damage: 250/350/650 ⇒ 250/350/600
- Yasuo Burning Blade stacking True Damage On Hit: 25/35/65 ⇒ 25/35/60
- Yasuo Attack Speed: 1.0 ⇒ 0.95
Tier 4 champions
- Galio Shield of Durand Healing: 50% ⇒ 60%
- Galio Shield of Durand Duration: 2 ⇒ 2.5 seconds
- Galio Shield of Durand Damage: 200/300/2000 ⇒ 200/300/1200
- Karma Soulflare Damage: 210/260/700 ⇒ 225/280/750
- Lucian’s every other shot from The Culling now counts as an attack (which means it works with items like Runaan’s Hurricane, Statikk Shiv, Guinsoo’s Rageblade, Titan’s Resolve, etc.)
- Lucian Health: 800 ⇒ 700
- Ivern Daisy Stun duration: 2/2.5/6 ⇒ 1.5/2/6 sec
- Rell Health: 950 ⇒ 900
Tier 5 champions
- Akshan Heroic Swing Attack Speed: 60/80/400% ⇒ 70/85/400%
- Garen God-Lion’s Justice percent Health Damage: 25/30/200% ⇒ 25/35/200%
- Garen max Mana buff: 100/180 ⇒ 100/170
- Gwen Skip 'n Slash Armor and Magic Resist Steal: 1/1/11 ⇒ 2/2/11
- Heimerdinger Upgrade!!! Baby Dragon fireball Damage: 450/600/3333 ⇒ 400/600/3333
- Volibear Doombringer Stun Duration: 2.5/3.5/10 ⇒ 2/3.5/10
Patch 11.16: Traits and items changes
Even after the release of Dawn of Heroes, the Abomination trait has stayed as the best to go for any game thanks to its great Monstrosity passive and item possibilities. This time, they will receive adjustments to their stage scaling, and some tweaks to their HP stats.
The biggest changes will be for the Legionnaires, who are getting a major rework by adding bonus attack speed and heals for a portion of the damage they deal with attacks and abilities.
Buffed traits include the Hellions and Rangers, along with a whole bunch of nerfs for the Nightbringers and a few others.
- Abomination Monstrosity Stage Scaling: 20% ⇒ 16%
- Abomination Health: 1000/1400/1800 ⇒ 900/1400/1900
- Abomination Health Per Star Level: 100/140/180 ⇒ 90/140/190
- REWORKED: Legionnaires have bonus Attack Speed and heal for a portion of the damage they deal with attacks and Abilities
- Legionnaire Attack Speed: 25/65/120/250% (Unchanged)
- NEW: Legionnaire Omnivamp: 15/20/25/35%
- Cannoneer cannon shot Attack Damage percent Scaling: 250/450/1200 ⇒ 225/450/1200%
- Hellion Attack Speed: 5/30/75/150% ⇒ 10/30/70/130%
- Nightbringer Shield max Health scaling: 30/60/100/250 ⇒ 30/60/90/200%
- Nightbringer bonus damage: 20/30/40/80 ⇒ 20/30/40/70%
- Ranger Attack Speed: 75/180% ⇒ 80/180%
- Sentinel bonus Attack Speed: 30/120/1000% ⇒ 25/120/1000
- Skirmisher Attack Damage per Second: 3/5/15 ⇒ 3/6/15
Radiant Items arrive to change the entire landscape of the current Reckoning set, with tons of bonuses their Shadow counterparts lacked, although many of these are still underperforming as their benefits aren’t quite good enough.
That said, the goal with the item changes below is to bring the over and unpopular ones closer together, and give some light nerfs to those over-the-top artifacts.
- Quicksilver Crowd Control Immunity Duration: 12 ⇒ 15 seconds
- Blue Blessing Radiant Bonus Ability Power: 30% ⇒ 40%
- Dvarapala Stoneplate Armor and Magic Resist per enemy: 35 ⇒ 40
- Demonslayer Base Damage Amp: 35% ⇒ 40%
- Guinsoo’s Reckoning NEW Radiant Bonus: +30% Attack Speed
- Covalent Spark Radiant Bonus Health Regen: 2% ⇒ 1% max Health
- Glamorous Gauntlet Critical Strike Damage: 80% ⇒ 90%
- Locket of the Targon Prime Shield Value: 500/600/700 ⇒ 600/700/800
- Rabadon’s Ascended Deathcap Ability Power: 110% ⇒ 120%
- Radiant Redemption Missing Health Heal: 35% ⇒ 25%
- Statikk’s Favor Chain Lightning Magic Damage: 100 ⇒ 115
- Sunlight Cape Radiant Bonus Health Regen: 1% ⇒ 0.5% max Health
- Sunfire Cape Burn Damage: 25% max Health ⇒ 20% max Health
- Sunfire Cape Burn Duration: 10 ⇒ 8 seconds
- Rabadon’s Deathcap Ability Power: 70% ⇒ 75%
- Redemption Missing Health Heal: 20% ⇒ 18%
Patch 11.16: Sentinel Little Legends
As promised by the start of the Rise of the Sentinels event, a group of Little Legends are scrambling to get in on the action coming with patch 11.16. While they're not fighting Viego, make no mistake, as these Little Legends have set off on an adventure to find their own noble quest.
Whether you’re looking to add Flutterbug cosplaying as Senna, or Craggle doing their best Galio impression, the Sentinel Little Legends will be available in starter bundles containing Little Legends eggs from all over the Convergence, making them the perfect pick-up for new and veteran collectors alike.
Sentinels Starter Bundle 1
Sentinels Starter Bundle 2
By acquiring any of these bundles, you will have the chance to be part of the Sentinel Initiative, earning points that’ll contribute to the Riot’s Social Impact Fund Charity Drive Pool to combat deep systemic issues through Education, Opportunity, Citizenship, and Sustainability.
Patch 11.16 will be released on 12th August through the League of Legends client. Also, if you are looking for League’s latest patch, you can check it out in the link right below.
Don’t forget to check out our Teamfight Tactics dedicated section for more news, guides, updates, and esports coverage.