The life of a vampire can be a solitary experience, except for the PvP modes in V Rising. While doing chores and other menial tasks can be daunting, there is a way to breathe life back into your castle and focus on more pressing tasks.
The addition of servants can be beneficial to your success in this isometric survival game, given their broad range of unique stats and perks. This helpful guide will explain how you can unlock servants and the best ways to use them in V Rising.
How to get servants in V Rising?
Players who require assistance around their castle should enlist a few servants to help with their daily responsibilities. To unlock this system, you’ll need to work your way through the various quests until you’ve gained access to a quest called Army of Darkness.
During this quest, you’ll need to bring down a human’s HP to use an ability called Dominating Presence. This ability will allow you to have influence over a human and convert them into becoming your servant.
To successfully convert a human into being your servant, you can use the following steps:
- Find and attack a human being by bringing their health down to a least 30%
- Using your keyboard, press the Ctrl key, and from the skill wheel, select the Dominating Presence ability
- Use the R key to convert the human being
- Bring the human being back to your castle before interacting with a Servant Coffin
- While interacting with a Servant Coffin, select “Convert” to complete the process
It’s important to remember that when you upgrade the Castle Heart, it allows you to have more Servant Coffins within your castle. This increases the maximum number of servants you can have; however, it does require Greater Blood Essense, Wooden Planks, and Copper Bars to build a Servant Coffin.
While the extra work may seem tedious, especially locating a worthy human to convert and build a Servant Coffin, having servants ready to do your bidding is rewarding. Having an extra set of hands or more will give you access to a broad range of resources, stats, and perks each servant possesses.
How to best use servants in V Rising?
Once you’ve successfully converted humans into becoming your servant and have enough Servant Coffins built, you’ll need to know your servants better by learning their stats and perks. No two servants are the same as there are different types of servants that offer unique bonuses and resources you could use based on the following factors:
- Blood type: This determines each servant's perks; for example, Scholar blood types will have perks on spells and spellcasting.
- Blood type quality: Depending on the servants’ blood type quality will determine how efficient their expertise will be. The higher the expertise percentage is, the better perks you’ll receive.
- Faction: This depends on where you’ve sourced your servants; for example, servants from the Farbane Woods will have a bonus perk applicable to conducting missions in that region.
- Gear: Any equipment and armor you’ve equipped to your servants will increase their gear stats and resource yield, so holding onto gear will be more valuable long term.
With the servants converted and ready to do your bidding, you can start sending them out for work. You can do this from the Castle Throne, where you can enlist them in missions by harvesting materials, farming resources, or hunting.
By browsing through the World Map, you can view the available regions and what resources and materials they offer. Additionally, by looking at each servant's faction, you can check whether their mission will be a success or not in that specific area.
- How to build a Castle Roof in V Rising
- How to unlock the Alchemy Table in V Rising
- How to craft Explosives in V Rising
- Does V Rising have controller support?
You can compare the stats once you've selected the area you wish to send your servants out to, and based on their power, servant perks like faction will determine their success rate. If they meet the stats required for the mission, the success rate will significantly boost, and vice versa if they don't have the necessary stats.
Lastly, if the servant's skills have become obsolete, you can go back to the Castle Throne and terminate their service, effectively killing them. Then, you can use the empty Servant Coffin for the next person you convert into being your servant.
We want to thank the YouTube channel Vulkan for their complete tutorial on acquiring and using servants in V Rising. Please consider subscribing to their channel for more content.
For more fantastic game content, check out our section dedicated to V Rising news, updates, guides, features, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Stunlock Studios.