Indie developer, Outer Brain Studios, will release their anticipated action RPG, GUILT: The Deathless, through Steam's Early Access this April. The game is set in an unforgiving environment where your decisions and choices mould the world surrounding you.
With a shared-world and roguelike experience awaiting players, the game will be available through Steam Early Access this month. We have detailed everything about GUILT: The Deathless, including the release date, gameplay features, trailer and more.
GUILT: The Deathless – Release date and trailer
Developer Outer Brain Studios revealed that the game would be available via Steam's Early Access program on 28th April 2022. While the developer has yet to reveal more details, including how long the game will be in Early Access, they stated they're "aiming to work on the game" for about a year.
While it's in Early Access, they hope to work on the game together with feedback from the community to develop "some of the creative new systems and content". Likewise, they have dropped the official trailer for GUILT: The Deathless with its Early Access date and gameplay footage which you can watch as seen above.
GUILT: The Deathless – Gameplay features
As the game will be in Early Access for approximately one year, there are plenty of gameplay features worth getting involved with. It's worth noting that only a quarter of the game's content will be available during Early Access, which includes two regions comprising a non-linear map featuring "procedurally generated" components, diverse biomes and a formidable boss.
Players will also experience the gameplay mechanics, which continuously be worked on during the developmental phase. Some of the gameplay mechanics you'll get to try out are as follows:
- Face off against a broad range of enemies and bosses using real-time combat mechanics
- The game's "guilt" system where the unforgiving landscape is shaped based on your choices made
- Dedicated crafting, magic and enchantment features
- Robust character creation and customisation mechanics with a unique capability of having corpses appear throughout the map for you to locate
- Plenty of story/quest and vendor locations and wandering enemies to discover on the game's hex maps
The game's full release includes all the content mentioned above and more, as it'll be updated and reworked based on player feedback. Furthermore, you can connect with the developer via the discord channel or submit your feedback via the Steam Community Forums.
GUILT: The Deathless – PC system requirements
Outer Brain Studios has yet to detail the recommended PC requirements for GUILT: The Deathless; however, we have provided the minimum requirements below. We hope that these PC requirements won't determine how your choices affect the game's environment.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 – Release date, gameplay, trailer, and more
- Teardown - Release date, gameplay, features, and more
- Saints Row customisation breakdown - Characters, weapons, vehicles, more
- Blizzard survey asks about NFTs and play-to-earn games
GUILT: The Deathless minimum PC requirements
- OS: Windows 7, 8 or 10
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 or Intel Core i5-4590
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: AMD R9 290 or NVIDIA GTX 970
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 5 GB available space
The developer has yet to release details on the game's pricing; however, they've explained that while they have yet to agree on one, "the price of the game will increase before the final version is released".
For now, do check out our dedicated Video Games section for the latest news, updates, guides and more.
Featured image courtesy of Outer Brain Studios.