Announced during the Resident Evil showcase, Capcom’s second Resident Evil Village demo actually features gameplay from the final game unlike the first, which was an aesthetic teaser designed to showcase the environment.
Unlike that demo too, this second version will be playable across all platforms. So what do you need to know? Here’s the lowdown on the second Resident Evil Village demo.
What is the release date and start times for the Resident Evil Village demo?
The Resident Evil Village demo will be released across all platforms, including PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, PC and Stadia, starting from 1st or 2nd May depending on your region.
The demo itself will only let you play for 60 minutes total, and it’s your decision whether you explore the village or castle areas (or both) during that window.
You can check out the times below.
- West US - 1st May 5pm to 2nd May 5pm PDT
- East US - 1st May 8pm to 2nd May 8pm EDT
- Europe - 2nd May 2am to 3rd May 2am CEST
- UK - 2nd May 1am to 3rd May 1am BST
How can I get early access to the Resident Evil Village demo?
Watch out for Lycans (Picture: Capcom)
Early access is only available for PS4 and PS5 owners and is available from the PlayStation Store. This is divided between two separate weekends, starting April 17th for the Village area demo and concluding on April 25th with the castle area demo.
Each demo weekend will offer up to 30 minutes of gameplay from Resident Evil Village. You can check out the timings below.
- West US - April 17th 5pm to April 18th 1am PDT
- East US - April 17th 8pm to April 18th 4am EDT
- Europe - April 18th 7pm to April 19th 3am CEST
- UK - April 18th 6pm to April 19th 2am BST
- West US - April 24th 5pm to April 25th 1am PDT
- East US - April 24th 8pm to April 25th 4am EDT
- Europe - April 25th 7pm to April 26th 3am CEST
- UK - April 25th 6pm to April 26th 2am BST
Can I preload the demo?
PS4 and PS5 owners can preload the demo through the PlayStation Store starting today (16th April).
Anything else I need to know?
Resident Evil Village is the follow-up to Resident Evil 7, and continues the story of protagonist Ethan Winters.
The final release comes bundled with the Mercenaries mode previously seen in Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5, which tasks players with earning points by taking out waves of enemies.
Anyone who purchases Resident Evil Village will also gain free access to multiplayer mode Resident Evil Re:Verse, which allows players to control characters like Leon Kennedy, Chris Redfield and more in a deathmatch setting.
Resident Evil Village releases 7th May on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC and Stadia.