Patch 2.4 of League of Legends: Wild Rift is about to arrive, featuring lots of updates around its items and metagame, the introduction of the much requested champion ban system, a new Wild Pass with the exclusive Hexplorer Teemo skin as reward, and four new champions to battle on the Rift.
The first of the new additions into the champions’ roster will bring a new Sentinel of Light, as part of the Rise of the Sentinels event, being none other than the good looking, high flying Rogue Sentinel, Akshan.
Equipped with his holy relic weapon, Akshan will fly over to defend Runeterra against the threats of the Ruin, using his versatile skills and his great mobility. Let’s take a deep look into everything about him, in this champion guide featuring his best build, and even some tips to use him at his best.
Akshan’s active and passive abilities
With his passive, Dirty Fighting, at every three hits from his attacks and abilities against champions, Akshan will deal bonus damage and gain a shield. When Akshan attacks, he will fire an additional attack that deals reduced damage. If you cancel his bonus attack, he gains movement speed instead.
Let's move on to his active skills:
- Avengerang: Akshan launches a boomerang, dealing damage going out and coming back. Additionally, its range increases with each enemy hit.
- Going Rogue: Akshan passively marks enemy champions as scoundrels when they kill his allies. If you kill a scoundrel, Akshan will revive allies it has killed, gain bonus gold, and remove all marks. Upon activation, Akshan enters camouflage and gains movement speed and mana regen as he moves towards the scoundrels. Akshan quickly loses camouflage while he isn’t in a brush or near a terrain obstacle.
- Heroic Swing: Akshan throws a hook into an obstacle on the ground and repeatedly attacks the nearest enemy as he swings. You can let go of his rope whenever you want or when colliding with champions or terrain obstacles.
- Ultimate - Comeuppance: Akshan targets an enemy champion and begins accumulating bullets. When you cast his ability again, he fires all stored bullets, dealing damage based on missing health to the first champion, minion, or structure hit.
Runes and spells recommended for Akshan
- Conqueror: Triggers on successful skill combos and trades, dealing bonus damage to affected enemies and increasing her burst damage.
- Hunter - Vampirism: Grants an adaptive bonus 2% Physical or Magic vamp, and unique champion takedowns adds 2 AD with 1% Physical vamp, or 4 AP with 1% Magic vamp.
- Adaptive Carapace: Provides with bonus HP and increases defence when HP drops to below 50%, based on the damage type you took more of over the last 60 seconds.
- Hunter - Genius: Grants additional ability haste for each unique takedown.
While Akshan’s abilities are more inclined to be a marksman champion, his main role will be as an assassin on the mid lane instead of the bot lane, with both his summoner spells being focused on giving him tools to move around, rotate, and delete enemy champions.
- Flash: Allows you to have more offensive options when entering combat, as well as helps you escape from dangerous situations.
- Ignite: Use it as a tool to finish off enemies in case they want to escape with low health and to prevent strong healing effects from your enemies.
The best items for Akshan
His items will be focused on maximizing his Attack Damage and Critical Strikes, putting mostly AD objects into his comp, and exploiting his power and durability by putting lifesteal artifacts into his comp.
- Blade of the Ruined King: Increases damage and attack speed, plus its passive allows you to inflict additional physical damage on each hit based on the enemy's current health. As a bonus, it allows you to steal your enemy's movement speed.
- Gluttonous Greaves: Grants omnivampirism, giving you a better chance of survival thanks to its lifesteal. We recommend using them with Mercury Enchant for crowd control.
- Infinity Edge: Increases the chance and damage of critical attacks, dramatically increasing DPS.
- Bloodthirster: Grants a bonus 15% Physical vamp, and Physical vamp overheals you,generating a shield that absorbs 40-320 Damage, that decays out of combat over ten seconds.
- Guardian Angel: Its revive effect allows you to fully attack squarely, without risking giving away a kill along the way.
As a last item, or even to change any of the previous ones depending on what you need, you can choose between:
- Mortal Reminder for tank enemies
- Guinsoo’s Rageblade for stackable attack speed
- Maw of Malmortius against AP enemy comps
- Rapid Firecannon for attack speed, critical rate, and energized attacks
- Runaan’s Hurricane for attack speed, critical rate, and additional on-hit effect
Tips for Akshan’s playstyle
Arriving from the unpunished streets of Shurima, Akshan will spring into action within the Wild Rift to demonstrate all of his training as part of the Sentinels of Light, taking down his opponents at a distance with striking precision, as he fights his way in search of revenge.
To use his skill set to perfection, it requires you to focus a lot on everything around you in order to fully exploit his potential. Starting with his Avengerang, you can take advantage of waves of minions as well as groups of enemy champions in team fights to use it to the best extent.
One of the most essential tools you will have at hand will be the passive of Going Rogue, so if you have the opportunity to redeem and rescue your teammates from perdition, don’t hesitate to attack the enemy marked with the most stacks, with everything you have.
Akshan's most controversial ability, Heroic Swing, allows you to turn any confrontation around by being able to fleetingly reach any enemy, regardless of whether they are out of your vision range, as well as allowing you to get out of any dangerous situation while you inflict a little damage around you.
Just try not to abuse the Heroic Swing, since a false move or a bad decision can leave you on the ropes against the opposing team. And we suggest avoiding some duels with melee champions, as his escape windows could be very limited.
His ultimate, Comeuppance, can be used in very different ways by allowing you to clean waves of minions just as Lucian does, as well as it can be used in conjunction with your Heroic Swing, so the chances of ending any opponent without hope are more than profitable.
Being such a flexible champion, Akshan can make great rotations towards the sidelines without the enemies expecting him or being able to respond in time, so if you are looking for an assassin with many fighting and survivability qualities, as well as incredible utility, the Rogue Sentinel will be your best option.
Don't forget to check out more champion guides, as well as new updates through our Wild Rift dedicated section.