The patch 2.3b of League of Legends: Wild Rift will bring a ton of changes and content, as the Sentinels of Light global event makes its arrival into every game in Riot’s repertoire, with Teamfight Tactics receiving a new expansion, new Ruination weapon skins coming to Valorant, and the addition of Akshan and Viego into Legends of Runeterra.
Wild Rift on their side will enjoy the addition of two new champions into its extensive roster, featuring the main protagonists of this war against the Ruin and the Ruined King, the Sentinels of Light, Lucian and Senna.
It’s the turn to learn everything about Senna, the Redeemer, a champion who refuses to lose hope, wielding darkness along with light and seeking to end the Black Mist by turning it against itself, with every blast of her relic weapon redeeming the souls lost within.
Senna’s active and passive abilities
With her passive, Absolution, whenever units die near Senna, their souls will be periodically trapped by the Black Mist. Senna can attack these souls to free them, absorbing the Mist that held them in death.
The Mist fuels her Relic Cannon's power with increased Attack Damage, Attack Range, and Critical Strike Chance. Attacks from Senna's Relic Cannon take longer to fire, deal bonus damage, and briefly grant her a portion of her target's Move Speed.
Let's move on to her active skills:
- Piercing Darkness: From the twin barrels of her Relic Cannon, Senna will fire a unified beam of light and shadow through a target, healing allies and damaging enemies.
- Last Embrace: Senna sends forth a wave of Black Mist. If it hits an enemy it latches onto them hungrily, rooting them and everything nearby after a brief delay.
- Curse of the Black Mist: Senna draws the Mist she has stored in her weapon into a storm around her, embracing darkness and becoming a wraith within. Allies who enter the area will be camouflaged and also appear as wraiths as the Mist shrouds them. Wraiths gain increased Move Speed, are unselectable, and hide their identities.
- Ultimate - Dawning Shadow: Senna calls upon the relic stones of fallen Sentinels, splitting her relic cannon into a holy array of shadow and light. She then fires a global beam that shields allies from harm, while damaging enemies caught in the center.
Runes and spells recommended for Senna
- Aery: A great resource due to its utility value, as it can damage enemies and protect allies.
- Weakness: Impairing the movement of enemy champions marks them for 5 seconds. While marked they take 5% increased damage.
- Loyalty: Grants hybrid resistance to you and a nearby ally.
- Hunter - Genius: Grants additional ability haste for each unique takedown.
Senna is picked in the bot lane either as the main support or as a flex-pick for the ADC role, if you are good enough with Fasting strategies. Besides, her summoner spells are a standard:
- Flash: Allows you to have more offensive options when entering combat, as well as helps you escape from dangerous situations.
- Exhaust: A good tool that slows an enemy champion's movement speed and reduces their damage dealt for a few seconds.
The best items for Senna
Her items will be focused on increasing her abilities window, by giving you more mana, ability haste, and even your offensive stats with some additional AD and AP, opening the chance to become both a support and a second carry.
- Manamune: Grants mana each time you use his abilities, in addition to increasing damage, based on his available mana.
- Gluttonous Greaves: Grants omnivampirism, giving you a better chance of survival thanks to its lifesteal. We recommend using them with either Stasis or Locket Enchant.
- Black Cleaver: Grants bonus health and damage, as well as drastically reducing enemy armour with each attack or skill damage.
- Mortal Reminder: Increase armor penetration by 30% and with it, any physical damage you deal to enemy champions will apply Grievous Wounds.
- Guardian Angel: Its revive effect allows you to fully attack squarely, without risking giving away a kill along the way.
To complete her build, we recommend choosing between Youmuu's Ghostblade or Duskblade of Draktharr, for more armor penetration and cooldown reduction, Rapid Firecannon, for bigger attack speed and range, Frozen Mallet, for additional AD and slows, and as alternative for boots, Boots of Swiftness with the best movement speed.
Tips for Senna’s playstyle
The power of the Black Mist within Senna's soul, allows her to use a great arsenal of abilities which focus on harassing the opponents, immobilizing them, as well as protecting your allies with the help of her shields and camouflage.
During the lane phase, you must seek to annoy the enemy with her long-distance attacks, so your objective should be to collect Mist by weakening the enemies using your skills consciously.
However, you must be careful since her spells always work better when she is behind her team, so if you are in front there will be no one to protect, heal, or grant any shield, as well as you will have no escape against the enemy siege.
For the mid and late game, your strategy should be focused on grouping and hiding efficiently, in order to surprise the enemy at the least expected moment, catching them without them having any resistance, and killing them with all the power of the Black Mist
We also recommend you to always be attentive to the activity of distant enemies, as well as the status of your allies, so that you can use your Dawning Shadow at the right time to end or extend a fight, from anywhere on the map.
Thanks to all this, Senna can provide great utility from a safe distance, protecting your allies or killing your enemies while having the damage and range of a marksman, as well as the protection potential of the best supports.
Don't forget to check out more champion guides, as well as new updates through our Wild Rift dedicated section.