EA unleashed Apex Legends Mobile Season 2, entitled Distortion, on 12th July 2022. The update has a plethora of content, from a new map to Ranked Season 2, weapon balance changes, new modes, and, of course, a new Legend called Rhapsody.
With Rhapsody bringing "groundbreaking music with a rebellious heart" as the new Legend to enter the Apex Games, fans should be excited, and get ready to boogie. In this article, we outline the Apex Legends Mobile Rhapsody abilities, progression perks, and some nice lore to read through.
Rhapsody abilities & progression perks - Apex Legends Mobile
Rhapsody, as her name might suggest, is all about sound and music. Her abilities in Apex Legends Mobile Season 2 make this quite clear, especially her passive.
- Apex Legends Mobile Season 2 End Date and Time
- Apex Legends Mobile Loba - Abilities, Tips, How to Unlock
- Mobile Apex Legends FPS Settings and Framerate Caps
- Apex Legends Mobile weapon tier list - All guns ranked
Below, you can find the list of Rhapsody abilities in Apex Legends Season 2, as per official descriptions.
- Passive: Gifted Ear -You pick up and visualize sounds from an extended range
- Tactical: Hype Anthem -Play a powerful track that speeds up nearby squadmates and recharges shields. Taking damage will end the effect.
- Ultimate Ability: Rowdy’s Rave -Rowdy projects a wall of flashing lights that blocks incoming sight and scans.
There's also a list of progression perks for Rhapsody you can check out below.
- Volume Control - Squadmates affected by your Tactical temporarily gain Gifted Ear.
- Sound Bleed -Occasionally see nearby 3D sound visualizations effects through walls.
- Tuned In - Continuous running increases the range of Gifted Ear.
- Reverb - The more squadmates your Tactical affects, the longer it lasts.
- Harmony - Your Tactical increases the speed of revives and the effect of healing items.
- Rowdy’s Rhythm - During your ultimate, squadmates standing near Rowdy reload faster.
Things are definitely about to get rowdy in Apex Legends Mobile!
Who is Rhapsody in Apex Legends Mobile S2?
As is tradition, the developers have quite an intriguing backstory for Rhapsody, just like all the other Legends.
Below, you can read the full lore description of the latest Apex Legends Mobile character released with the Season 2 Distortion update.
Rhapsody Apex Legends lore:
"The best way to understand Rhapsody, is through her music. The droning pulse speaks of her childhood in Kómma where the tech giant Pythas Inc. controls all.
The steady rhythm reflects her supportive mother, a brilliant AI engineer. And the booming bass resembles Rowdy, the robot companion her mother created to amplify her daughter’s voice. Life was good, but good times in Kómma never last long.
When her mother was fired from Pythas Inc. for discovering company secrets, her family was buried in false debt and forced into the dangerous nightlife district: Neon Dunes. There, Rhapsody honed her art. The unrest around her inspired groundbreaking music with a rebellious heart, capturing the passion of its people.
Rhapsody’s reputation grew, earning her an invitation to perform on the wealthy side of town. She seized this opportunity not as a chance to advance her career but as a ploy to install a virus designed by her mother to wipe out the family’s debt.
However, the virus proved too powerful; it corrupted the entire district’s finances. To avoid Pythas’s wrath, Rhapsody signed an agreement with them to join the Apex Games under their banner. But that’s just her cover. Rhapsody plans on topping the Apex charts until she’s earned enough to buy her way out of this 'sponsorship deal' and win her family’s life back."
In case you've been living under a rock somewhere in King's Canyon, check out the Apex Legends Mobile Season 2 Distortion launch trailer below, featuring Rhapsody.
So there you have it, all of Rhapsody's abilities in Apex Legends Mobile Season 2, as well as her progression perks. It will be interesting to see how her entrance shapes the popular battle royale's ever-changing meta.
For more on the popular battle royale, head to our section dedicated to the latest Apex Legends news, guides, tips, and more.
Featured image courtesy of EA.