Apex Legends players have experienced quite an interesting and eventful season. With the latest sniper-reliant Legend, Vantage, debuting not too long ago, players are saying farewell and welcoming the season ahead. That said, Apex Legends Season 15: Eclipse is closing in quickly, arriving at the start of November.
Alongside the new season's debut comes the latest addition to the playable characters roster: Catalyst, Apex Legends' first trans character. Catalyst can conjure ferrofluid walls and barricade doors to protect her teammates from incoming danger and damage. Both features, including the game's upcoming map, Broken Moon, will arrive in Apex Legends Season 15.
When Will Catalyst Release In Apex Legends?
Catalyst will arrive alongside Apex Legends Season 15: Eclipse on 1st November 2022 at 10 a.m. PT | 1 p.m. ET | 5 p.m. GMT. This debut means players will get to relish the character and try out the newest map, Broken Moon.
Interestingly, Broken Moon is actually the deteriorating moon that orbits Catalyst's home planet, Boreas. Compared to other maps, players can expect a wide range of different points of interest and tons of construction areas pulling in moon fragments.
What Are Catalyst's Abilities In Apex Legends?
As a defense-based Legend, Catalyst has abilities that protect her team from incoming damage and threats. She excels at providing cover, reinforcing doors to prevent intrusion, and helping her team gain additional time to recover because of her defensive abilities.
- EA Unveils Apex Legends Global Series Year 3 Schedule & Plans
- Apex Legends Best Guns - The Ultimate Weapon Tier List
- EA Bans Players Naming Themselves "Andrew Tate" In Apex Legends
The Legend can manipulate a goo-like substance called Ferrofluid and solidify it to the degree of barricading doors or creating walls. Her magical, mysterious power of controlling this liquid also allows Catalyst to throw pools of Ferrofluid that pierce anyone who dares pass through them.
Ultimately, Catalyst seems to be one of the best options for players looking to play a team composition that covers strategic and defensive gameplay.
Passive Ability: Barricade
- Catalyst can reinforce and strengthen doors, locking out enemies from entering structures. She can also reinforce spaces where doors have been destroyed.
Tactical Ability: Piercing Spikes
- Catalyst can throw out a patch of Ferrofluid which turns into spikes when enemies are near. However, she remains immune to damage from these spikes.
Ultimate Ability: Dark Veil
- Catalyst can raise a permeable wall of Ferrofluid. Enemies who walk through the wall will be slowed and partially blinded for a brief time.
Feel free to take a look at Catalyst's gameplay trailer above. For more information, check out Catalyst on EA's official website. Stay tuned for more news, and don't forget to circle those calendars as Apex Legends Season 15: Eclipse kicks off next week, on 1st November 2022.
For more on the popular battle royale, head to our section dedicated to the latest Apex Legends news, guides, tips, and more.
All featured images are courtesy of Electronic Arts.