In addition, there is a menu of weapon balance changes designed to significantly shake up the current meta. Interestingly, there were no nerfs or buffs to the shotgun weapons class out of the nine weapons that received changes.
However, this doesn't mean players should forget about monsters like the KRM-262 or R9-0 shotguns, which have proven lethal in previous seasons. Here's our list of all the shotguns in COD Mobile, ranked from best to worst at the start of Season 3.
COD Mobile Season 3 2022 Radical Raid Shotgun tier list
If you didn't know, shotguns are short-range barreled weapons that discharge numerous small pellet-like shots instead of individual bullets like other guns.
It should go without saying that shotguns deal insanely serious damage at close ranges, making them particularly scary weapons to run into, especially when turning corners. As a result, shotguns are perfect for aggressive players who want to get close and personal with their enemies.
Note: Our tier lists are not an exact science; however, we strive to make our shotgun list as accurate as possible.
Description of the tiers
- S-Tier: These are strong meta shotguns boasting insane damage. S-tier shotguns are an absolute "must-pick" this season.
- A-Tier: These shotguns can compete with S-tier weapons once paired with the right attachments or a loadout that best matches the player's playstyle.
- B-Tier: The B-tier shotgun delivers a lot of damage when paired with the perfect loadout. They are average.
- C-Tier: You will require the perfect loadout to make this shotgun a worthy pickup.
- D-Tier: The trash tier shotgun. A throwaway weapon you should probably not use.
Shotgun tier list
There is a total of eight shotguns in COD Mobile Season 3 2022. As mentioned earlier, the latest "Radical Raid" patch update did not include any balance changes for the shotgun weapon class; therefore, we have ranked each weapon based on their performance in the meta.
The KRM-262 is currently the strongest shotgun in the game, boasting incredible close-range killing power with just one shot, thanks to its exceptional damage, mobility and accuracy. While it's perhaps not as scary as the new MAC-10 SMG, it puts up a fight in being a solid contender in close quarters combat.
The HS0405 is still a solid weapon to include in your arsenal; however, it is has fallen slightly out of favour over the past season, with the KRM-262 becoming more popular. Noteworthy, that isn't to say that the HS0405 isn't any good.
- COD Mobile LMG tier list - Every Light Machine Gun ranked from best to worst for Season 3
- COD Mobile AR tier list - Every Assault Rifle ranked from best to worst for Season 3
- COD Mobile Sniper tier list - Every Sniper Rifle ranked from best to worst for Season 3
- COD Mobile SMG tier list - Every submachine gun ranked from best to worst for Season 3
The weapon still boasts serious damage and two-shot kill potential when striking the head or chest, with one-shot kill potential at close range. Likewise, the Shorty offers very high damage and mobility and is in some respects a smaller version of the R9-0.
In the absence of any significant weapon balance changes, the rest of this list has not inspired much change.
That completes our list of the best shotguns in COD Mobile Season 3 2022, ranked from best to worst. If you disagree with our ranking, then unlucky for you -- we don't care.
Don't forget to check out our dedicated COD Mobile section, featuring all the news, guides, weapon tier lists, loadouts and more.
All featured images are courtesy of Activision.