It's time for another Fortnite update as v18.21 will be rolled out on the servers. The rumours are already swirling as to what the upcoming patch may include with players anxiously awaiting the impending game improvements.
We know there will likely be major changes coming to the Fortnite island due to the longer-than-normal downtime announced by the game's developers. This and the movement of in-game storylines leads many to believe that we will see the debut of the new Season 8 secret skin.
The new patch is also likely to include a large map change to a named location, as well as of course new challenges for the battle pass. Here's all the latest news on the Fortnite update 18.21.
Fortnite update 18.21 - downtime details
Leaks online suggest the Fortnite v18.21 update will go live on Tuesday, 19th October at 11 am BST. The downtime for the Fortnite servers is expected to occur at 9 am BST on the 19th, and take anywhere between 1-2 hours to complete.
There is no announcement yet from Epic Games at this time, though they will likely drop a news briefing at the time of the patch release. There is, however, a list of current bugs that are set to be patched in upcoming updates, so any and all of the following could be fixed as part of v18.21:
- Wolverine’s Built-in Emote not working correctly (Battle Royale)
- Trees are not appearing on Island Map (Creative)
- Multi-selecting and moving building to prop pieces will cause consistent misalignment (Creative)
- Players may become invisible to other players after respawning (Save The World)
- 4x Missions do not show the 4x rewards (Save The World)
- Unable to swap Hero Loadouts in the Lobby while using a controller (Save The World)
- Healing Build Attached perk not restoring the proper amount (Save The World)
- Campfires above level 130 are shown as 130 (Save The World)
- Players can get stuck inside the vault door in the Lab Dungeon (Save The World)
- Read more: How to get Combat AR/SMG in Fortnite
Cube Town - Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 8
Many popular leakers have already revealed the massive map change coming as part of Fortnite's v18.21 update. The patch will bring Cube Town to Fortnite island.
Gamers are suspecting that Cube Town's arrival also suggests the debut of the Cube Queen, who is the boss of the Cube Assassin. The Cube Queen is assumed to be the secret skin for the Season 8 battle pass.
Early gameplay videos of Cube Town look tremendous with the new location sure to provide awesome battle royale action. Check out some of the first looks at Cube Town here:
New Fortnitemares challenges
HYPEX, a trusted Fortnite leaker, tweeted out that free Fortnitemares rewards will be added to the game as part of the update. Suggesting that additional Fortnitemares challenges will be added to the title in one of the next two updates, as well as more potential rewards.
Rewards included in v18.21 are rumoured to be:
- All-Weather Extractor - pickaxe
- Wrathful Breakout - contrail
- Batty - weapon wrap
- Cube Cruiser - glider
We'll be sure to break down the new content coming your way as part of update 18.21. In the meantime, check out our dedicated Fortnite page for all the best guides and information.
Featured image courtesy of Epic Games.
Fortnite Events - Fortnite Winterfest 2022 |