The Genshin Impact 2.6 Special Program livestream showcased the latest content for its subsequent 2.6 update this month. In addition to the new area Travelers can explore, plus the addition of Kamisato Ayato as a playable character, there is more content that developer HoYoverse didn’t highlight during the livestream.
Accordingly, the developer has released the official patch notes for the 2.6 update, featuring all the major content announced during the livestream with a handful of other minor changes. Furthermore, the developer also appropriated several bug fixes and improvements in resolving the recurring in-game issues.
Genshin Impact 2.6 patch notes – New content
The 2.6 Special Program livestream announced most of the forthcoming content in the 2.6 update, scheduled for release on 30th March 2022. We have covered most of the important content in the 2.6 update, which Travelers can read more about below.
Dear Travelers,— Genshin Impact (@GenshinImpact) March 28, 2022
To ensure all Travelers have the best-possible Genshin Impact experience, our developers will soon begin performing update maintenance. After this is complete, the game will update to a new version.
View details here >>>https://t.co/RyKEYLSchJ#GenshinImpactpic.twitter.com/1YKcDQofhU
- Genshin Impact Kamisato Ayato - Release date, abilities, weapons and more
- Genshin Impact 2.6 banner schedule - Ayato, Venti, Ayaka
- Genshin Impact 2.6 – All characters and new weapons
- Genshin Impact 2.6 update – New events, story quests and more
- Genshin Impact 2.6 – The Chasm gameplay details revealed
- Genshin Impact 2.6 The Chasm – All new bosses, creatures
Nevertheless, the update included additional content, including new furnishings, items, and more.
- New Recipes: "Quiet Elegance," "Katsu Sandwich," and "Rainbow Aster"
- New Achievement categories such as "Challenger: Series V" and "Chasmlighter" and new Achievements added to the "Wonders of the World" category
- New Namecards: "Kamisato Ayato: Ripple," "Lumens: Stone of Light," "Achievement: Thunderclap," "Achievement: Chasm," and "Travel Notes: Irodori"
- New Furnishing: Leisure Device: Maximum Motivation
- The "Adjust Brightness" function has been added to Settings > Graphics
- "Radiant Spincrystals" have been added to Mondstadt, Liyue, and Inazuma. After obtaining them, you can unlock the corresponding Realm Music using "Euphonium Unbound"
- The Teapot Traveling Salesman has added some "Radiant Spincrystals", which can be purchased after obtaining and completing the corresponding World Quests in Inazuma
- After completing Raiden Shogun's Story Quest "Imperatrix Umbrosa Chapter: Act II," Ritou will add a shop where you can purchase "Sango Pearls," "Unagi Meat," and 2-Star "Lucky Dog" Artifacts
- New Living Beings: Lucklight Fly (Capturable) and Bluethunder Weasel (Capturable)
- New Harvestable Resource: Starshroom
- The redirect link to the "Adventurer Handbook: Bosses" screen has been added under the "Sources" for certain Development Items
- The Development Items dropped by "Floating Hydro Fungus" will also include a redirect link to the "Adventurer Handbook" in future versions
- Adds a shortcut for opening the Party Setup Screen on mobile platforms: on the main interface, tap and hold the avatar of any character to access the Party Setup Screen quickly
- Adds some prompts for loading screens
- New Loot Drops from "Abyss Heralds," and "Abyss Lectors": "Gloomy Statuette," "Dark Statuette," and "Deathly Statuette"
Genshin Impact 2.6 patch notes - Spiral Abyss changes
Travelers can expect some new changes to the Spiral Abyss in the 2.6 update, particularly for Floors 11 and 12 and new adjustments to the Lunar Phases.
- Spiral Abyss Floor 11 changes to the Ley Line Disorders sees all party characters gaining a 75% Anemo DMG Bonus
- Updated the monster line-up on Floors 11 – 12 of the Spiral Abyss
Starting from the first time that the Lunar Phase refreshes after updating to Version 2.6, the three Lunar Phases will be as follows:
Phase I: Sheet-Ice Moon
When a character's Normal Attack strikes an opponent, the Mark of Ending effect is applied to that opponent. This effect will be removed after 10 seconds, dealing True DMG to this opponent.
The DMG delivered by the effect's removal is boosted when a character's Normal Attack hits an opponent with a Mark of Ending. This DMG can be multiplied by nine.
Phase II: Snap-Rain Moon
When a character's Normal Attacks strikes an opponent, the DMG dealt by the attacks increases by 12% for five seconds. Because each stack is calculated independently, this effect can stack up to five times, being activated once every 0.1s.
Phase III: Iris Moon
When a character's Normal Attack deals DMG to an opponent, the opponent's Physical/Elemental RES will drop by 6% for five seconds to match the kind of DMG dealt. This can be stacked seven times with different sorts of RES decreases coexisting, and their stacks and timers will be separate.
Genshin Impact 2.6 patch notes - Optimisations and adjustments
HoYoverse have included brand new optimisations and adjustments for Genshin Impact in the 2.6 update. These fixes bring more stability and improve gameplay and character progression quality to the game, which you can view in the complete list below.
- Lowers the DMG done by "Geovishap Hatchlings" when their tail sweep skill hits a character continuously
- Optimises the appearance of the "Primo Geovishap" in the "Living Beings" section of the Archive
- Optimises the Ornamental Fish icon
- Optimises UI presentation and text of content that has yet to be unlocked in Hangout Events
- When below Adventure Rank 30, the "Tutorials" icon will be permanently displayed on the main interface
- Added "Recently Unlocked" to "Tutorials
- Five newly unlocked tutorials will be stored for easy access
- "Tutorials" will record the position where you last have read. If there is no unread tutorial, the previous read tutorial will be selected
- Adjusts the position of the Tutorials button in "Living Beings"
- Optimises the sorting logic for Weapon Enhancement Materials and Artifact Enhancement Materials
- These two materials are still placed at the bottom of their respective categories, but their internal sorting will be affected when sorting by quality
- Optimises the volume of music in the Serenitea Pot
- Optimises the Japanese, Korean, and English voice-over for certain characters and quests
- Adds Alternate Outfits voice lines for the characters Jean, Amber, Rosaria, and Mona; Travelers can change the outfits in "Character > Outfit" to play the relevant voice lines.
- The text of the "Exit Download" button in the login screen has been changed to "Stop Download," and the text description of the related function was optimised
- For animation cutscenes from Version 2.6 and earlier, Jean, Amber, Rosaria, and Mona's appearances have been adjusted to the Alternate Outfits
- Optimises the effects of the cutscene animation in the Archon Quest "A Long Shot"
- Optimises some display animation details of the character Kaeya in the Character > Weapon interface.
- Batch optimises the logic related to the enemy homing function for 15 characters and four large-sized enemies: Golden Wolflord, Stormterror, Ruin Serpent (new enemy in Version 2.6), and Bathysmal Vishap Herd
- After the Spiral Abyss resets on 1st April, the "Gladiator's Finale" and "Wanderer's Troupe" Artifact set rewards in "Domain Reliquary: Tier I," and "Domain Reliquary: Tier II" for floors 9-12 will be replaced with "Vermillion Hereafter" and "Echoes of an Offering"
- Optimises the sensitivity of the controller in the Hangout Events interface
- Optimises the display of specific messages on the interface when using a controller: hides messages that are not part of the current operation interface
- When using a controller, you can quickly activate specific functions of the shortcut wheel by pressing key combinations
- Adjusts the height of the central stage disc in some Domains
- Adjusts the text description of Achievement category "Liyue: The Harbor of Stone and Contracts" Progress in exploring Liyue's The Chasm area will be counted separately in the "Chasmlighter" Achievement category
This is the complete patch notes for Genshin Impact's 2.6 update, "Zephyr of the Violet Garden", featuring the latest content, adjustments and optimisations. HoYoverse launches the 2.6 update on 30th March 2022.
Featured image courtesy of Soreko & HoYoverse.