V Rising is full of deadly bosses that you should defeat using weapons and gears. However, some bosses require you to farm certain materials to combat them, and Putrid Rat is one of them. In this case, you will need to catch a Twilight Snapper, which you'll use to entice Putrid Rat.
It’s one of the rare fishes to find in the V Rising, which is why many players have difficulty encountering it. With that in mind, this guide will detail all the essential steps to get Twilight Snapper for Putrid Rat in V Rising.
How to farm Twilight Snapper in V Rising
Before you start fishing, you will require a fishing pole. After defeating the Level 20 boss, Rufus the Foreman, you can unlock the recipe to craft this. This boss might be tricky to take down, especially for beginners. After that, you will need eight Planks, four Copper Ingots, and four Coarse Threads to assemble the fishing pole using the Woodworking Bench.
Once you've crafted the fishing pole, you will need to head to one of the nearby water bodies identified by blue color areas on the map. Then, you will want to find a fishing spot represented by water splashes on the bodies.
Now, grab your pole and left-click on the fishing spot to begin. After some time, you’ll hear splash audio once a fish is hooked. Meanwhile, you might notice that the fishing spot will disappear from the water body, meaning you will need to find another place to catch more fish.
- V Rising Mace Build - Best weapon, abilities, and ultimate
- V Rising Prison Cell - How to build and get 100% Blood Type
- V Rising Armor Progression guide – All sets, stats, and how to get
The Twilight Snapper is a random catch. Hence it will take you several tries to bag one. However, here are a few points that you should bear in mind to increase the odds of encountering a Twilight Snapper.
- Stay away from the smaller ponds, as you will rarely find the Twilight Snapper there.
- The best place to catch fish in V Rising is the Farmlands, consisting of large water bodies.
- Twilight Snapper spawn isn’t exclusive to any specific timings. So there’s always an opportunity to find one in any weather.
- Get the fishing pole beforehand to save your precious time.
Once you’ve caught a Twilight Snapper, all you need to do is place it into the Vermin Nest with grave dust and fish bones. Once these materials are placed, it will take roughly 30 seconds for the Putrid Rat to appear.
So there you have it, everything you need to know about catching Twilight Snapper in V Rising.
For more game content, check out our section dedicated to V Rising news, guides, updates, and more!
Featured image courtesy of Stunlock Studios.