The Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1 is filled to the brim with new features and content, from Loot Tents, Victory Crown, Web-Shooters, Vaults and much more. Despite all this content, there is a Winterfest 2021 event coming up, as well as major updates starting with v19.10.
Before we get to the next event and major update, developer Epic Games has deployed the Fortnite v19.01 update, preparing for Winterfest 2021.
In an uncharacteristic move, the developer actually revealed the Fortnite v19.01 patch notes on 14th December, complete with bug fixes and weapon balance changes.
Fortnite v19.01 patch notes feature 3 bug fixes
For those who love some couch co-op with friends, you will be happy to know that the Split Screen s back on consoles, following the feature being temporarily disabled recently.
The bug fixes from the official Fortnite v19.01 patch notes are:
- Fixed an issue that caused us to disable Split Screen. Split Screen is now re-enabled.
- Fixed an issue involving Reboot Vans sometimes not rebooting players if more than one teammate was interacting with the Van.
- Fixed an issue involving the screen shaking more intensely than intended in various situations such as sliding, gliding, and using a Rift.
Sounds good, right? Well, there is one issue involving Spider-Man's Web-Shooters, as they are getting interrupted after players swing onto web bouncers following the Fortnite v19.01 update. Epic Games will fix this issue in the v19.10 update.
Fortnite weapon balance changes in v19.01
Developer Epic Games also detailed the Fortnite weapon balance changes in the v19.01 update.
These balance changes include those in a recent hotfix update that players might not even have been aware of. Check them out below.
- The ammo count of the Stinger SMG now updates sooner in its reload animation.
Hunter Bolt-action Sniper:
- The ammo count of the Hunter Bolt-Action Sniper now updates sooner in its reload animation.
Striker Pump Shotgun:
- Increased the accuracy of the Striker Pump Shotgun.
- Slightly increased the fire rate of the Striker Pump Shotgun.
- Decreased the amount of time it takes to pull out the Auto Shotgun.
MK-Seven Assault Rifle:
- Decreased the environmental damage of the MK-Seven Assault Rifle and made it less accurate while hip-firing.
Ranger Assault Rifle:
- Moderately increased the accuracy of the Ranger Assault Rifle.
- Slightly increased the damage rate of the Ranger Assault Rifle.
In terms of items, once balance change has been made to Guzzle Juice, as its heal speed has been increased.
So there you have it, the patch notes for the Fortnite v19.01 update, featuring all the bug fixes and weapon balance changes.
Don’t forget to check out our dedicated Fortnite section for the latest news, updates, guides, leaks and more.
Featured image courtesy of Epic Games.