With the release of the v0.173 patch update, four more dishes were added to Palia for players to get and add to their growing collection of recipes. The Muujin Bahari is one of the dishes, along with the Congee, Oysters Akwindu, and Petit Fives, which all can be obtained without having to spend some Gold at Reth’s Cooking Guild Store.
As such, the Muujin Bahari is one of the dishes Reth will ask players to help him prepare and cook for a specific quest, but how does one acquire its recipe? As this recipe won’t run up trees, we’ve detailed how to get the Muujin Bahari recipe and, most importantly, prepare the ingredients to cook it in Palia.
Palia Muujin Bahari Recipe: How To Find
The Muujin Bahari is one of four new dishes added to Palia in the recent v0.173 patch update, and naturally, avid master chefs are looking to add this dish to their repertoire. While previous recipes were acquired from Reth, discovered through exploration, or fished from ponds or rivers, this recipe is connected to another game addition.
A new main questline was also added in the same patch update in which Villagers have been rallied to get the town’s affairs in order before the arrival of a Watcher from the Capital. The dish can be obtained when completing the Your Order Is Served quest, which is only triggered after finishing the Fit For A Watcher quest with Tish.
Immediately speak to Reth once the quest begins, in which they’ll receive recipes for three of the four added dishes, which includes the Muujin Bahari. From here, they can return to their Housing plot to view the recipe and the ingredients needed to cook this dish in their home kitchen.
- Muujin Meat x1
- Wild Garlic x1
- Any Mushrooms x1
- Onion x1
- Spice Sprouts x2
- Spicy Peppers x1
- Corn x2
- Wheat x2
- Chaapa Meat x1
- Salt x3
- Vinegar x1
- Butter x 1
- Cooking Oil x3
- Egg x1
- Plant Fiber x3
It’s important to note that this quest calls for a Star-Quality version of this dish, and we suggest finding as many Star-Quality ingredients as possible. This includes the Muujin Meat, which is the main ingredient for this dish, and we’ve detailed in a separate guide where to find and hunt the Muujin in Bahari Bay.
How To Make The Muujin Bahari In Palia?
Before attempting to cook this dish, players must have the required stations placed within their Housing plot, the blueprints of which can be acquired from Reth. It’s required to have one of the following stations: a Mixing Station, Prep Station, Standard Oven, and Stove, which then, with the ingredients collected, can begin the prep work for the Muujin Bahari dish.
This dish is quite complex when prepping and cooking, so we’ve broken it down into components or sections that should have them successfully produce three Muujin Bahari and not burn down the kitchen. Let’s take a look at how we prepared the ingredients to get the Muujin Bahari in Palia:
- Interact with the Standard Oven to begin making the Muujin Bahari dish
- Next, move to the Prep Station, where they must prepare the following items:
- Make Chopped Garlic, Mushroom, Onions, Spice Sprouts and Spicy Peppers
- Make two batches of Basic Dough and Cornmeal, which is used to make one batch of Rolled Dough
- Make Proschaapa
- Head to the Mixing Station, where they must mix the following ingredients:
- Combine the Spice Sprouts and Vinegar to make the Bahari Mustard item
- Combine the chopped ingredients to make the Spice and Veggie Mix
- Players can now station themselves at the Standard Stove, where they are to cook the following items:
- Cook three cuts of Muujin Meat separately to get three Grilled Muujin
- Cook the Spice and Veggie Mix and Salt to make the Duxelles
- Return to the Prep Station to prepare items to assemble the Unbaked Muujin Bahari dish:
- Take one Rolled Dough and combine it with the Duxelles
- Combine the Rolled Dough with Duxelles, Grilled Muujin, Bahari Mustard, and an Egg to produce the Unbaked Muujin Bahari, which can be placed in the oven after four to five seconds; they’ll receive three Muujin Bahari dishes, which hopefully should be of Star-Quality.
Players can proceed to complete the Your Order is Served quest, in which the recipe will be permanently available to them at this point in the questline. Due to its complexity, we advise preparing this dish with a friend who can bring along ingredients that they may not have and ensure that everyone gets three Muujin Bahari dishes once cooked.
Palia is currently available via the Epic Games Store and in Open Beta for PC, as players can install the game launcher detailed in this guide. The game is now available to download for Nintendo Switch as of 14th December 2023.