Spooky season is upon us and Raven Software has decided to bring back The Haunting, the fan-favourite event that debuted back in 2020.
Warzone players who missed out on The Haunting last year will get to experience everything the Halloween-themed event has to offer and we're here to break down everything you can expect.
Without further ado, let's get started.
Warzone The Haunting - Schedule
The Haunting returns to both Call of Duty Warzone and Black Ops Cold War this 19th October, ending a few weeks later on 2nd November.
Warzone The Haunting - Ghost of Verdansk
The Ghosts of Verdansk mode will be similar to last year's LTM, except this time, instead of turning into a zombie, you'll become a ghost once you get killed, being given with the same abilities to help you overrun uninfected humans. These are:
- Super Jump: Similar to the jump from Zombie Royale, Ghosts can charge up and “leap” through the air to cover serious ground. Because Ghosts have no body, their light weight allows them to float and glide following a jump or a drop from any high distance.
- Teleport: Another movement option, albeit with a slower cooldown, Ghosts can teleport a short distance to help immediately close gaps between them and living Operators. They can even teleport right through them and appear behind their would-be target.
- Spectral Blast: This area-of-effect stun attack slows down Operators and disables vehicles.
Ghosts of Verdansk - Fear meter
While we don't know exactly what happens when the bar reaches 100%, Activision mentioned that players will experience "hallucinations" once it's half full.
The fear meter will start to fill up if:
- You're shot at, hit by enemy Equipment, or having their Killstreaks in the area
- You're camping (AKA cowardice)
- You seedead bodies or Ghosts
- You have squadmates downed or eliminated
And it will decrease if:
- You eliminate a player or Ghost
- Revive a squadmate
- Complete a Contract
- Remain within Sacred Ground
Warzone The Haunting - Operator skins
While the main attraction of this LTM is the Ghostface Operator skin, there are plenty more that will pop in the Warzone store during the event. These are:
- Ghostface from Scream, available on 19th October
- Frank the Rabbit from Donnie Darko, available on 24th October
- Tracer Pack: Lumens Maxis Ultra Bundle
- Tracer Pack: Disciple of Mayhem Ultra Bundle
- Tracer Pack: Necro Queen Reactive Mastercraft
One more skin will also be available this upcoming 22nd October.
Warzone The Haunting - LAPA SMG
Last but not least importantly, the LAPA SMG will make its debut in Warzone with The Haunting. Players will have to complete all nine challenges during the event to acquire it.
Make sure to keep up with our dedicated Call of Duty page ahead of the upcoming Vanugard release. We'll make sure to have all the latest including gun guides, landing spots, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Activision.
For more Call of Duty news, be sure to check out our dedicated section or some of our MW2 Guides & Tutorials below:
Modern Warfare 2 Guides - Jack Links Skin | Unlock All Operators | Check Server Status | Get Twitch Drops | Post-Credit Scene Explained | Unlock Gold Camo | Get Burger Town Operator | MGB Nuke | Unlock Every Weapon | All Killstreaks| Safe Code Locations|Check KD Ratio|XP Farm Trick|Chopper Gun Glitch|Weapon Tuning|Change Name Color|Hardcore Tier 1 Mode| Turn Off Crossplay|Steam Deck| Raid: Atomgrad | How To Play "Support A Team" | Unlock Orion Camo | Aim Assist Settings |
Modern Warfare 2 Fixes & Issues-Best NVIDIA GeForce Drivers | Dev Error 6036 | MW2 Missing Items | Unlimited Tactical Sprint Bug | Stuck On Installing Bug | Display Name Not Allowed Bug|Gold Camo Not Unlocking|Voice Chat Not Working| Display FPS Counter |
Best Modern Warfare 2 Loadouts - Best Weapon Tier List | M4 Loadout| PDSW 528 Loadout|TAQ-V Loadout|M4 Loadout|Fennec 45| No Recoil M4 Loadout | SA-B 50 Loadout | Kastov-74U Loadout |