Warzone The Haunting event: Start time, Halloween skins, challenges, more
The Haunting event is back for 2021 with things getting spooky in Verdansk one last time.
Spooky season is upon us and Raven Software has decided to bring back The Haunting, the fan-favourite event that debuted back in 2020.
Warzone players who missed out on The Haunting last year will get to experience everything the Halloween-themed event has to offer and we're here to break down everything you can expect.
Without further ado, let's get started.
Warzone The Haunting - Schedule
The Haunting returns to both Call of Duty Warzone and Black Ops Cold War this 19th October, ending a few weeks later on 2nd November.
Warzone The Haunting - Ghost of Verdansk
The Ghosts of Verdansk mode will be similar to last year's LTM, except this time, instead of turning into a zombie, you'll become a ghost once you get killed, being given with the same abilities to help you overrun uninfected humans. These are:
- Super Jump: Similar to the jump from Zombie Royale, Ghosts can charge up and “leap” through the air to cover serious ground. Because Ghosts have no body, their light weight allows them to float and glide following a jump or a drop from any high distance.
- Teleport: Another movement option, albeit with a slower cooldown, Ghosts can teleport a short distance to help immediately close gaps between them and living Operators. They can even teleport right through them and appear behind their would-be target.
- Spectral Blast: This area-of-effect stun attack slows down Operators and disables vehicles.
Ghosts of Verdansk - Fear meter
While we don't know exactly what happens when the bar reaches 100%, Activision mentioned that players will experience "hallucinations" once it's half full.
The fear meter will start to fill up if:
- You're shot at, hit by enemy Equipment, or having their Killstreaks in the area
- You're camping (AKA cowardice)
- You seedead bodies or Ghosts
- You have squadmates downed or eliminated
And it will decrease if:
- You eliminate a player or Ghost
- Revive a squadmate
- Complete a Contract
- Remain within Sacred Ground
Warzone The Haunting - Operator skins
While the main attraction of this LTM is the Ghostface Operator skin, there are plenty more that will pop in the Warzone store during the event. These are:
- Ghostface from Scream, available on 19th October
- Frank the Rabbit from Donnie Darko, available on 24th October
- Tracer Pack: Lumens Maxis Ultra Bundle
- Tracer Pack: Disciple of Mayhem Ultra Bundle
- Tracer Pack: Necro Queen Reactive Mastercraft
One more skin will also be available this upcoming 22nd October.
Warzone The Haunting - LAPA SMG
Last but not least importantly, the LAPA SMG will make its debut in Warzone with The Haunting. Players will have to complete all nine challenges during the event to acquire it.
Make sure to keep up with our dedicated Call of Duty page ahead of the upcoming Vanugard release. We'll make sure to have all the latest including gun guides, landing spots, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Activision.
Published on Tuesday 19, 2021 by Daniel Conlan