With COD Mobile Season 5, there's a shiny new Battle Pass, new maps, modes and events, and much more for players to enjoy. There's also some weapon balance changes focused mostly on attachments, as well as a brand-new assault rifle from the Modern Warfare era, the CR-56 AMAX.
While the developer made some significant changes to weapons of all classes in Season 4, in Season 5 there are smaller changes based largely on attachments. However, even the smallest change can knock a weapon down a tier, making way for another that dodged the nerf bat.
COD Mobile Season 5 Assault Rifle tier list
Assault rifles are all-purpose guns and the most-used class in the game and depending on the attachments and loadout used they can be designed for a multitude of uses.
Keep in mind that tier lists aren't an exact science. However, we strive to make our COD Mobile Season 5 AR tier list as accurate as possible.
Description of the tiers
- S-Tier: Even without the perfect loadout, the S-Tier assault rifles in COD Mobile are considered the best of the best. You simply can't go wrong.
- A-Tier: With the right attachments and a great loadout that suits your playstyle, the A-Tier assault rifles can compete with the S-Tier.
- B-Tier: The B-Tier ARs can still pack a punch with the perfect loadout, and should be considered average.
- C-Tier: Only really effective in specific situations or for specific playstyles. You will require the perfect loadout to get the job done.
- D-Tier: The trash tier. You would be better off simply going for one of the other assault rifles on this list.
AR tier list
There's a total of 18 assault rifles in COD Mobile Season 5, with In Deep Water introducing the CR-56 AMAX into the mix. Below, we ranked all the ARs in COD Mobile Season 5 from best to worst, taking balance changes for both weapons and attachments, as well as the current meta into consideration.
With its high damage output and excellent range, the CR-56 AMAX is a favourite at the start of COD Mobile Season 5. The new weapon is joined by the ever-popular HBRa3 and BK47 in the S-tier.
The AK-47 might be a favourite to use but it has made way for the CR-56 AMAX in Season 5. The ASM10 has moved up a bit due to a nice buff where aimed fire time is reduced when ASM10 is equipped with an OWC Ranger attachment.
- Peacekeeper MK2
While the Peacekeeper MK2 dropped down a tier from last season, it is still great with the best loadout and is joined by the KN-44, LK-24 and AK117.
- Type 25
- FR .556
Some players might still prefer the Type 25 or HVK-30. However, these guns, alongside the FR .556, can only really compete with the A or B tiers when you have the perfect loadout, in certain situations.
The poor old M4 just can't catch a break, staying in the trash tier. At least the M4 isn't alone now, with the M16 and ICR-1 joining it for COD Mobile Season 5.
So there you have it, all the Assault Rifles in COD Mobile Season 5 ranked from best to worst, taking the current meta and balance changes into consideration.