It feels like only yesterday that No Man's Sky was released but in actuality, the game launched back in 2016. When the game first came out, there were a lot of promises that the game could not capitalize on but that has changed over the past few years. With the various updates that the game has released, No Man's Sky is thriving and exactly the type of game that players wanted it to be.
That is why fans are very excited when the game has new updates. The game changes quite a bit with every patch, adding new content, ships, and a whole lot more. That is why we have created this page to be your dedicated landing page to check on the latest No Man's Sky patch notes as they're made available.
20 September 2023 Update - We've checked for the latest news and patch notes
Table of Contents
- The Latest No Man's Sky Patch Notes
- 20 September 2023 - Echoes Update - 4.45 Patch Notes
- 7 September 2023 - Echoes Update - 4.44 Patch Notes
- 30 August 2023 - Echoes Update - Patch 4.43 Notes
- 29 August 2023 - Echoes Update - Patch 4.42 Notes
- 25 August 2023 - Echoes Update - Patch 4.41 Notes
- 24 August 2023 - Echoes Update - Patch 4.4 Notes
- Looking For Older Patch Notes?
The Latest No Man's Sky Patch Notes
Just below you will find the latest No Man's Sky patch notes, as well as a brief overview and the updates that were included as well.
20 September 2023 - Echoes Update - 4.45 Patch Notes
- Fixed a very rare issue that caused the A Leap in the Dark mission to fail to advance after opening the portal.
- Fixed a rare issue that could prevent the Artemis path from correctly starting up after converting a save from Expedition mode.
- Fixed a rare issue where the story catalogue for Under a Rebel Star would not display the final entry.
- The rewards given by the Autophage when practising language skills have been improved.
- Fixed an issue that caused some Autophage text to fail to display correctly in the story catalogue.
- Expanded the list of completed objectives shown in the mission log.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some missions to direct players to the Station Core while in an abandoned system, where no station core is present.
- Fixed an issue in They Who Returned where, after resetting the mission, the Autophage at the initial harmonic camp could give the wrong dialogue, blocking mission process. Players already affected by this issue may need to reset the mission again in order to proceed.
- Fixed an issue that could cause missions to send players to crash sites that do not have a ship.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to destroy cargo pods and turrets on their own freighters.
- The Outlaw faction milestone for killing traders has been replaced with a milestone for raiding freighters.
- The behaviour of small AI fighters around large vessels has been improved.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to destroy salvageable scrap while their inventory was full, and thus not receive the scrap.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause players to slowly run out of oxygen and die despite being on a planet surface.
- Fixed an issue which caused the ship inventory to be out of range.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing all creatures from pooping.
- Fixed an issue which caused incorrect multitools to be available at Sentinel Pillars.
- Fixed an issue that could cause player capes to behave erratically while placing base parts.
- Fixed a rare issue that could allow the player to fall through the floor upon loading.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to fall through the floor when using a very specific freighter base part.
- Fixed an issue that could cause all players in the system to lose standing when another player destroyed civilian freighters.
- Fixed an issue that prevented usage of the gyro options page on the Switch under specific circumstances.
- Fixed an issue that caused the wrong icons to be used for the Returner’s Drape and Wanderer’s Cloak.
- Added new Dreadnaught warp effect.
- Introduced a performance optimisation for instance rendering.
- Introduced a slight optimisation to light rendering.
- Fixed a rendering issue that could cause a brief visual glitch.
- Fixed an issue that could cause visual glitches in some particle effects.
- Fixed a visual issue with particles when using HDR.
- Introduced an optimisation to sky and star rendering.
- Improved the visual quality of star rendering.
- Fixed a Xbox-only rendering corruption issue.
- FSR2 visuals on Nintendo Switch have been further refined and improved.
- Introduced a number of rendering optimisations for Nintendo Switch.
- Introduced a number of texture optimisations and improvements for Nintendo Switch.
- Introduced a significant memory optimisation for Switch.
- Fixed a crash related to procedural texture generation.
- Fixed a memory-related crash that could occur when returning to the mode or save select screen during a storm.
- Fixed a number of crashes related to memory management.
- Fixed a graphics memory-related crash on PC.
- Fixed a crash that could affect PC users with specific AMD video cards.
- Fixed a PC-only crash that could occur when playing No Man’s Sky at the same time as other applications are using video memory.
7 September 2023 - Echoes Update - 4.44 Patch Notes
- Sentinel capital ships are now equipped with shield generators that must be destroyed before their hull can be damaged.
- Improved the VFX for Sentinel capital ship weapons.
- Fixed a number of multiplayer syncing issues with Sentinel capital ships.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the warp-out effects from correctly playing on the Pirate Dreadnought.
- Added new pirate freighter warp effects.
- Fixed some minor collision issues on the pirate freighter.
- Fixed an issue causing some low priority missions to appear on the galaxy map.
- Fixed an issue causing pirate titles to not unlock.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the the organic frigate quests not to work as expected in multiplayer.
- Salvaging the Atlantid Multitool now awards Void Motes.
- Fixed an issue that prevented barrel rolling during warp.
- Fixed some untranslated pirate name in empty systems.
- Fixed an issue that caused Vy’keen pirates to act as if they were Gek in very specific circumstances.
- Fixed an issue that caused Autophage missions to repair lost heads to become blocked if the head in question had already been repaired.
- Fixed an issue that could cause floating drone heads to be loaded as freighter workers in place of Korvax entities when warping your freighter to an empty system.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent progress in the Voyager’s Expedition milestone to find a creature with corrosive blood.
- When crafting items, players are now alerted if they have the right ingredients but those items are in an inaccessible inventory.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Autophage staff assembly to choose an incorrect seed for subsequent creations after cancelling out of the preview of the assembled staff.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the players to do damage to themselves when using the multitool.
- Fixed a performance regression related to mesh rendering.
- Fixed a hang related to loading missions.
- Fixed a rare hang that could occur when loading a save on Xbox.
- Fixed a crashed related to the HUD.
- Fixed a crash related to procedural textures.
- Fixed a crash related to loading player bases.
- Fixed a crash related to the shop interface.
- Fixed a crash related to the aerial scan camera.
- Fixed a number of crashes related to memory management.
- Fixed an Xbox-specific hang.
30 August 2023 - Echoes Update - Patch 4.43 Notes
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Dream Arial from functioning correctly.
- Removed a pink cube attached to some dropship variants.
- Fixed a VR camera issue with Autophage customisations.
- Fixed an issue which could result in multitools changing colour.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Sentinel Interceptor generated at each crash site to have changed appearance.
- Fixed a crash when salvaging certain Multitools.
- Fixed a Vulkan crash on PC.
29 August 2023 - Echoes Update - Patch 4.42 Notes
- Fixed an issue that incorrectly stopped the Autophage from awarding Void Motes if players had unlocked every piece of Autophage armour.
- Fixed an issue that blocked most Autophage presets from appearing in the Appearance Modifier UI.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Autophage heads earned during the Singularity expedition to incorrectly appear as locked in the Appearance Modifier UI.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the Autophage from navigating correctly around their camps.
- Fixed a text issue with some hover tips in the Appearance Modifier UI.
- Fixed an issue that caused some Autophage-related entries in the Catalogue to appear too early.
- Fixed an issue that caused the custom staff assembly UI to be inaccessible at Harmonic Camps.
- Improved the visuals when previewing custom-assembled staffs.
- Fixed a number of visual issues with some custom-assembled staffs.
- The preview image show when assembling a custom staff can now be rotated.
- Fixed a number of visual issues with holding Multi-Tools.
- Fixed a number of animation issues with the Voltaic Staff.
- Fixed an issue with the position of the player torch when using a staff.
- Fixed a number of networking issues when syncing elements of the Dreadnought battle in multiplayer.
- Salvaged freighter technology upgrades earned by destroying the pirate Dreadnought are now always S-Class.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the anti-freighter torpedo from playing the correct effect when it impacted on shield rather than the hull.
- Fixed an issue that caused some player freighters to have changed appearance.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to destroy their own freighter.
- Pirate frigates now have a teleporter aboard, allowing quick return to your freighter after boarding.
- Fixed an issue that could cause errors in mission text at the moment torpedoes are launched at the civilian fleet in multiplayer Dreadnought battles.
- During the first phase of the battle against a pirate capital ship, the Dreadnought will now more aggressively target smaller ships in the civilian fleet.
- The destruction effects for the pirate Dreadnought have been improved.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some players to lose the marker for the Portal during The Purge mission.
- Fixed an issue that prevented access to the quick menu in the ship if swap build/quick menu was enabled.
- Fixed a number of audio issues.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent some camera shake effects from working correctly.
- Fixed a number of issues that prevented Twitch drops from being successfully redeemed.
- Fixed an issue that made it difficult to read the Analysis Visor data when using a staff in VR.
- Fixed an issue that could trap players in a loop in the UI where pressing back would cycle between the same three pages.
- Fixed a hang that could occur when players were targeted by security systems on derelict freighters.
- Fixed a rare issue that could allow players to have their last ship weapon destroyed during combat.
- Fixed a crash related to the mission system.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when reloading the game shortly after the initial load.
- Fixed a crash related to networking.
- Fixed a hang on Xbox consoles.
- Fixed a crash on PS5.
- Fixed a crash related to frigates in multiplayer.
- Fixed a UI crash.
25 August 2023 - Echoes Update - Patch 4.41 Notes
- Fixed an issue with Twitch Rewards.
- Fixed an issue with the Personal Refiner.
- Fixed a crash related to networking.
- Fixed a crash related to the Automated Feeder.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when joining a multiplayer game.
- Fixed a crash related to buildings.
24 August 2023 - Echoes Update - Patch 4.4 Notes
- A mysterious new race of mechanical constructs, the Autophage, now await discovery at hidden sites all across the galaxy.
- Uncover their secrets during an expansive narrative-based mission that probes the Convergence, the Atlas, and the deep truths of the universe.
- Complete this mission to earn your own Voltaic Staff: a brand new Multi-Tool with its own unique animation set.
- The Autophage are tracked as their own faction within your Journey Milestones, with associated medals and missions.
- Autophage lurk at planetary sites on many worlds. Earn the appropriate technology and your scanner will reveal their hidden camps.
- The Autophage have their own unique language to learn, with hundreds of words to collect and catalogue.
- Improve your standing among these mechanical beings to earn exclusive new player titles.
- Travellers with good standing among the constructs may undertake a new series of procedurally generated missions for each individual Autophage, earning reputation, new words, unique rewards, and more.
- A vast new range of Autophage customisation options have been added. Earn Void Motes by assisting the Autophage, and use these to unlock these new customisation options at any construct camp.
- The Autophage offer access to new procedurally-generated Exosuit technologies.
- In addition to robotic parts, players can earn new cloth-based customisation options, including drapes, hoods, and face masks. Once earned, these can be mixed with any other customisation setup, allowing for a vast array of new looks.
- Once of sufficient standing, Travellers can earn and select from a huge array of parts and assemble their very own customised staff Multi-Tool.
- Players who have become acquainted with the Autophage can now discover secrets within Korvax monolith sites.
- Infusing these relics with Atlantideum allows access to new stories and lore, revealing the history of both the Korvax and the Constructs.
- In addition, a rare new class of Atlantid Multi-Tool can be found at these sites, assembled in exchange for nanites.
- As well as unique visuals and stats, these Multi-Tools come equipped with a Runic Lens, a fusion of mining beam and cloaking device.
- A new base part, the Wonder Projector, has been added. Research this part aboard the Space Anomaly.
- This holographic device can be used to decorate your base with 3D projections of your favourite discoveries.
- Players on Nintendo Switch may now equip capes.
- Switch players who would have otherwise earned a cape from a previous Expedition have had their saves upgraded to reflect this, and have been credited with capes they could have redeemed.
- All players using a Vy’keen appearance may now equip capes.
- Visit the Space Anomaly to use the new Multi-Tool salvage station.
- Multi-Tools can now be broken down into valuable scrap, freeing up slots and earning upgrades and other resources.
QUALITY OF LIFE & UI
- An upgraded version of the Personal Refiner has been added, available to research aboard the Space Anomaly.
- This advanced refining unit allows players to combine multiple substances while on the move, unlocking mobile access to more sophisticated recipes.
- A number of new refining recipes have been added, including basalt and runaway mould.
- The flow for creating and assigning Custom Wonders has been refined for speed and clarity.
- Wonders relating to planets will now show the Portal glyphs among the planet details in the popup.
- The camera framing of interactions with Vy’keen NPCs has been improved.
- NPCs now exhibit a greater variation in bodyshape and height.
- The legibility of the Galaxy Map colourblind filters has been improved.
- When starships are stationary or moving backwards, readouts are now provided in distance-based units rather than time-based units.
- Pirates will no longer begin strafing runs upon the player’s position while the player is locked in an interaction.
- When missions suggest players use the galaxy map, they now use the galaxy map notification icon when the map is accessible.
- Fixed an issue that prevented adaptive trigger support from working when using a DualSense controller on PC.
- When joining another player with a brand new save, players now have the ability to fully customise their difficulty settings.
- Fixed an issue that made the Traveller grave interactions difficult to read when playing VR in high resolutions.
- Fixed an issue that caused the shop interface to appear in an awkward position when playing VR in high resolutions.
- Fixed an issue that caused the UI for interacting with various crates and containers to appear in an awkward position when playing VR in high resolutions.
- Fixed an issue that caused a number of options that do not apply to VR to appear in VR options menus.
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect buttons to be suggested as the way to close some UI elements when using Move controllers.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “GENERAL” heading to appear in lowercase on the controls options page.
- Fixed an issue that caused frigate captains to speak to the player as if their frigate had already been recruited when they present their vessel for hire.
- Fixed an issue that caused some NPCs to be given the wrong title on a small number of UI screens.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Target Locked” text on the starship targeting screen to become clipped on Nintendo Switch.
- Fixed an issue that caused a distorted icon to appear in some popups when playing in PSVR2.
- Fixed a number of miscellaneous text issues.
- Players can now balance power modes in their starship; switching between a balanced setup or prioritising weapons, shields, or engine systems.
- All capital ships now benefit from heavy-duty shielding systems, protecting them against would-be pirates.
- A bespoke UI has been added when engaging capital ships in battle, to better track their overall shield and hull integrity.
- All capital ships are now entirely destructible, offering additional rewards beyond simply eliminating their cargo pods.
- Destroying cargo pods will apply a certain amount of damage to the freighter’s main hull.
- Fixed an issue that could allow players to destroy small freighters without alerting the rest of the civilian fleet.
- Fixed an issue that allowed recruitable frigates to contact the player at inappropriate times, such as while landing or during space combat.
- Fixed an issue that caused the starship to apply brakes while flying close to a freighter during space combat.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent landing during space combat for players who use the Auto-Follow space combat setting.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to lose standing if an AI pirate destroyed a civilian ship while they were present.
- During space combat, your final weapon will never be damaged by incoming fire. In addition, combat-based technology damage will never leave the starship with rockets as their only functioning weapon.
- Outlaws are now listed as a faction alongside the various guilds, as part of the Journey and Catalogue pages.
- A range of earnable medals have been added for the Outlaw faction.
- Outlaw medals and standing will now earn a range of exclusive player titles.
- Missions have been added to provide guidance for players wishing to improve their standing with these pirates.
- Raiding civilian fleets will now improve your standing among the Outlaws.
RENDERING & PERFORMANCE
- Nintendo Switch now supports a bespoke implementation of AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0 technology, providing high image quality and improved framerates.
- Dynamic Resolution Scaling has been added for Nintendo Switch. This technology allows the game to maintain a consistent framerate across all scenarios.
- Support has been added for foveated rendering when using PSVR2.
- Utilising eye-tracking technology, foveated rendering concentrates rendering resources at the centre of your vision, sharpening and beautifying the details you focus on.
- A number of significant rendering optimisations have been introduced for VR on all platforms.
- Creature navigation has been optimised on all platforms.
- A number of significant systemic optimisations have been introduced for all platforms.
- Introduced a number of memory-usage optimisations for PS4.
- Introduced a significant number of memory-usage optimisations for Nintendo Switch.
- Introduced a number of systemic memory-usage optimisations for all platforms.
- Introduced a significant optimisation for sky rendering on Nintendo Switch.
- Improved the quality of sky rendering on Nintendo Switch while moving relative to the sky.
- Optimised a specific asset in use on some barren planets.
- Introduced a specific optimisation related to AI starships.
- Introduced a specific optimisation for freighter hangers.
- Introduced a specific optimisation for turret targeting systems.
- Fixed a number of visual issues with fog and atmospheric rendering, particularly when in space or low-planet orbit.
- Fixed a number of visual issues with the way depth of field effects interact with the sky.
PIRATE CAPITAL SHIPS
- Pirate Dreadnought capital ships can now be encountered while exploring the galaxy, particularly within outlaw and high-conflict systems.
- These huge vessels prey upon civilian fleets with a range of unique technology. Defeat them to earn significant bounty payments and large standing gains with the local lifeforms.
- Dreadnoughts lay siege to civilian freighters with colossal heat cannons, blasting high-powered lasers over long distances. Destroying these cannons offers a way to protect the vulnerable merchants.
- Bounty payments are significantly reduced in the event of the destruction of the civilian fleet.
- Dreadnoughts come equipped with power deflector shields, preventing hull damage from conventional starship weapons.
- Fly beneath Dreadnought shields and into their superstructure to target their shield generators, exposing both their hull and the delicate exposed fuel systems beneath.
- Unique frigates form a supporting pirate battle group. These powerful ships deploy torpedoes that have the potential to wreak havoc upon the civilian fleet, and must be intercepted as a matter of priority.
- Dealing enough damage to the Dreadnought will force it to flee. Disabling its power warp engines will prevent escape and allow you to land the killing blow.
- A brand new expedition, “Voyagers” will begin shortly after the release of the Echoes update.
- The Voyagers expedition will see players seeking the deepest oceans, tallest mountains, most idyllic planets and strangest alien creatures, and much more besides.
- Rewards for this voyage of discovery include a set of unique posters; an exclusive electric jetpack trail; a salvaged accessory for your creature companions; a set of new Autophage-related base parts; and brand-new mechanical companion.
- A new class of outlaw frigate now accompanies pirate capital ships into battle.
- Destroying these vessels will significantly reduce the damage output of the outlaw fleet, as they are responsible for launching devastating torpedoes at opposing capital ships.
- Once their commanding vessel has been destroyed, many frigates will surrender and offer to join your own fleet.
- Recruit these survivors as a powerful new class of combat frigate, ready to undertake missions from your own freighter.
- A new package of Twitch drops will begin shortly. Sign up and link your platform accounts on the Twitch Drops page, then tune in to Twitch to earn exotic base parts, high-tech starships, companion accessories, appearance modifications, and more.
- The range of game controllers supported by No Man’s Sky on Mac has been improved.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a shimmering outline when viewing objects against the sky on Mac.
- Fixed an issue affecting controller rumble on Mac.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent some keys from being rebound on Mac.
- Fixed an issue that could cause shadows to flicker on Mac.
- Fixed a crash related to anti-aliasing on Mac.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the screen to go black when warping on Mac.
- Fixed a number of visual issues with the skybox on Mac.
- Fixed a significant number of crashes related to memory management.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when leaving a planet’s surface and accessing the Galaxy Map.
- Fixed a crash related to wind.
- Fixed a rare interaction softlock.
- Fixed an issue that could cause large sections of freighter meshes to be removed during combat.
- Fixed an issue that prevented derelict freighter turrets from targeting players currently using a cloaking device.
- Fixed an issue that caused other players’ weapon audio to play far too loudly in multiplayer.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent group member’s freighters from being loaded correctly in multiplayer when first joining a session.
- Fixed an issue that could leave players unable to take off from their freighter or the space station if their ship was damaged and using unconventional technologies, such as the living ship or sentinel interceptor.
- Fixed an issue that caused some specific particle effects to be missing when loading a save aboard the Space Anomaly.
- Fixed an issue that caused some dropship cockpit exit animations to play at the wrong speed.
- Fixed an issue that could cause portals to appear active when they were not, if they had been previously activated.
- Fixed an issue that caused terrain deposit icons to fail to highlight correctly when tagged as the primary marker in the Analysis Visor.
- Fixed a number of rare mission issues that could occur when target NPCs or buildings were in distant systems.
- Fixed a number of base NPC mission issues that could occur when joining multiplayer games.
- Fixed a rare mission blocker that could occur in the Living Ship missions after participating in a multiplayer session.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause the mission or Atlas paths to go missing on the Galaxy Map.
- Fixed a rare blocker for the Trace of Metal and/or Artemis missions if both missions required speaking to Nada or Polo at the same time.
- Fixed a number of issues that prevented buildings from being correctly marked as visited, allowing later missions or charts to direct players to sites they had already explored.
- Fixed an issue that prevented crashed ship sites from being flagged as visited, causing players to occasionally be directed to crash sites without ships.
- Fixed an issue that caused two instances of the crashed freighter salvage mission to be started when visiting a crashed freighter.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the crashed freighter salvage mission to shut down early.
- Fixed an issue that caused Cadium to refine to Chromatic Metal in the wrong ratio.
- Fixed an issue that prevented supercharged inventory slots from being correctly displayed in a newly purchased freighter’s inventory until the game was reloaded.
- Fixed an issue that could cause frigates to fully repair themselves when teleporting aboard.
- Fixed a number of text issues with missions that required use of a refiner.
- Fixed an issue that caused text clipping on the refiner page in some resolutions.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the catalogue mission that guides players towards basalt to pick a planet without any basalt.
- Fixed an issue with various catalogue and journey guidance missions that caused them to display an Objective Complete notification as soon as they started.
- Fixed a rare issue with some pinning missions that caused the current amount / required amount numbers to be displayed the wrong way around.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong item amount could be suggested in the description text in tech installation popups.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Sentinel Interceptors to fail to display their full serial number as part of their name.
- Fixed an issue that caused untranslated text to appear when attempting to switch ships while aboard another player’s freighter.
- Fixed an issue that caused the number of pages/dots to be calculated incorrectly when looking at crafting lists or inventory transfer popups.
- Fixed an issue that caused the dots to overflow when looking at shops with extremely large arrays of items, such as the Twitch or Expedition Rewards sections at the Quicksilver Synthesis Companion.
- Fixed an issue that could allow text to overflow rather than scroll in some Expedition Milestone popups.
- Fixed an issue that incorrectly suggested players could craft more than one item at a time when viewing crafting steps in the tree format.
- Fixed an issue that caused the camera to still automatically adjust to slopes when the Camera Movement option was set to manual.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Multi-Tool to overheat too early while the mining bonus from extreme cold storms was applied.
- The large artefact crates found at buried ruins no longer report themselves as damaged technology in need for repair, and instead suggest that they be unlocked with a key.
Looking For Older Patch Notes?
We try to only keep the most recent patch notes for No Man's Sky. Normally this page wipes old patch notes with the release of every major new update. If you want to see any older patch notes for the game, we suggest taking a look at the games website, where there is a complete release log of all updates, patch notes and hotfixes for the game.
SETTINGS GUIDES -
FARMING GUIDES -
GAME GUIDES -
How To Get Free S-Class Freighter | How To Get Harmonic Brain | How To Get Echo Locator | How To Find Portals and Unlock Glyphs | How To Get An Exocraft | How To Get Atlas Pass | All Refiner Recipes | How to Increase Starship Storage | How to Get the Heat Capacitor | How To Find Space Stations | How to Get Cadmium | How To Get Creature Pellets | How To Get Activated Copper | How To Craft Chromatic Metal | How To Find Black Holes | How To Repair Crashed Sentinel Interceptor Starships | How To Get Sentinel Interceptor Starships | How Big is No Man's Sky Map