Between completing the new Winterlights quest and decorating the Winterlights Tree, the Winter update for Palia will certainly get players into the festive spirit. However, a mysterious letter from Zeki reveals more surprises can be found by locating Winterlights Treasure Chests when exploring Kilima Village.
These unique chests can be found in locations using the clues provided by Zeki, granted that they know where exactly to look. Before this information gets buried forever, we've detailed all the clues and locations in this guide on where to find all the Winterlights Treasure Chests in Palia.
How To Find All The Winterlights Treasure Chests In Palia?
The v0.174 patch update notes detailed that a particular Grimalkin called "Sandy Paws' has decided to join the Winterlights festivities by seasonal-themed Treasure Chests throughout Kilima Village. This is described in a letter sent by Zeki, where he provides players with clues as to the locations of these chests.
Players who have yet to begin this treasure-hunting feat may be stumped on some of the locations as some are more obvious than the rest. Nevertheless, for players who are looking to find all the Winterlights Treasure Chests and find what gifts have been left behind by "Sandy Paws," we've provided all the locations of where to find them along with the clues provided in the letter from Zeki:
Winterlights Treasure Chest #1:
- Clue: One is having a barrel of laughs at the inn.
- Location: At Ormuu's Horn Inn, head up to the room where Ashura does his morning stretches, jump to the left from the window onto the roof, and drop down on the barrel in front of the inn.
- Winterlights Treasure Chest #2:
- Clue: Two is milling about in the wind near my house.
- Location: Locate Zeki's home just outside the village, north of the library, and look for the windmill on his plot where the chest is found beneath it.
- Winterlights Treasure Chest #3:
- Clue: Three is under a bridge near a watery ridge.
- Location: From Mirror Ponds, locate the bridge between Hekkla's tent and the Night Sky Temple near a waterfall and look under the bridge for the chest.
- Winterlights Treasure Chest #4:
- Clue: Four is a-watching the Ormuu clip-clopping.
- Location: Head to the Daiyaa Family Farm at Leafhopper Hills and look for the gazebo in the right corner of the Ormuu Pen near the barn, where you'll need to jump to collect the chest.
- Winterlights Treasure Chest #5:
- Clue: Five is watching the boathouse from a cliff up high.
- Location: Find the cliff behind the Leafhopper Hills Fast Travel Board and look for the ridge that overlooks the boathouse near Remembrance Beach/Garden.
- Winterlights Treasure Chest #6:
- Clue: Six is teetering close to a watery swim.
- Location: In the vicinity of the fifth chest location, head west (their left side) and look for the dock where the chest is seen.
- Winterlights Treasure Chest #7:
- Clue: Seven is in a big pile – find it and win!
- Location: Return to Kilima Village and locate the large gazebo across from the barn by the Kilima Central Stables Fast Travel Board, where the final chest is beside a Winterlights Tree.
Collecting these chests will award players with various decorations and recipes for some decorations that can be crafted back at the Workstable. Lastly, the Winterlights Treasure Chests are theirs to keep and can be decorated along with their tree and other unique Furnishing items.
Palia is currently available via the Epic Games Store and in Open Beta for PC, as players can install the game launcher detailed in this guide. The game is now available to download for Nintendo Switch as of 14th December 2023.