With the start of each Warzone 2 season, the available weapon pool is often subject to a bit of an overhaul. Through various buffs and nerfs, guns that were powerhouses in one season can quickly be reduced to ineffective set dressing in the next. In terms of gameplay, if you're not privy to the changes a weapon may or may not have undergone, you can quickly find yourself at a disadvantage.
Handguns are a bit of mixed bag in Warzone 2. They're small, and likely feel comfortable to wield for a decent portion of players, but they're quickly outclassed when it comes to damage output. That's not to say that handguns aren't worth having, some of them can be some deadly pieces when used correctly, but you're unlikely to win any matches with one alone.
Paired with the right loadout, however, and your chances of success rise significantly. But before you begin to tackle your handgun loadouts, it's important to know which handgun is even worth your time in the first place. To help with that, we've put together a tier list for the current pool of handguns in Warzone 2 Season 5.
Update 8 September: This handgun tier list has been updated with the current picks for Warzone 2 Season 5.
Warzone 2 Handgun Tier List: All Handguns Ranked
All weapons in Warzone 2 are ranked under five tier levels, from best to worst, these are:
- S-Tier: The best Warzone 2 has to offer. These guns will be the most powerful in their class, even without the most optimized loadout. But, if you know what you're doing, these guns can carry some serious stopping power.
- A-Tier: Excellent weapon choices, but not quite good enough to stand on their own. With the right attachments, you can deal some serious damage to your opponents.
- B-Tier: A middle-tier weapon. With the right loadout and attachments, these weapons can be a solid choice on the field. If your skill is high enough, then you shouldn't have too much trouble making some effective plays.
- C-Tier: Not the worst pick, but there are other options that will serve you better. You'll likely need a decent loadout to cover these weapons' shortcomings.
- D-Tier: The last resort. You're unlikely to win any matches with these weapons, but they'll get the job done in the right hands, and if you've got no other options.
Right now, there aren't any handguns sitting in the S-Tier bracket. Despite that, we do have a few in mostly B- and C-Tiers:
- B-Tier Handguns: FTAC Siege, GS Magna, X13 Auto
- C-Tier Handguns: X12, P890, 9mm Daemon
- D-Tier Handguns: .50 GS, Basilisk
Even though the handguns are spread throughout B- and C-Tier mostly, there's one in particular that has proven to be the most popular this season: FTAC Siege. This gun sits at a 1% pickrate; leagues above the other handguns which range from a 0.5% pickrate down to 0.1%.
Warzone 2 Battle Royale Guides - Map Al Mazrah Guide|Map Size|All Killstreaks Explained|Unlock All Operators|New Reporting System|Prestige Ranks, Cap, Rewards|New Battle Pass System|All New Operators List|Victus XMR Sniper Rifle Unlocking Guide|Backpack & Looting Explained | Skill-Based Matchmaking| PC Specs |Check Server Status | Unlock Zeus & Mortal's Bane | Locked On The Menu Issue | CDL Packs | Blackout Roze Operator Skin | BAS-P SMG Unlocking Guide | Weapon Balance Changes | Hidden Money Chests | Unlock Gaz and Klaus | AQ Soldier Kills |
Warzone 2 DMZ Mode Guides - Factions & Missions | Contracts & World Activities | DMZ Faction Rewards | Interrogation Guide | Factions Rewards | Unlock UAV Towers | Find Stronghold Keycards | LAG & Stuttering Fix |
Warzone 2 Class Setups - Best Meta Loadouts | Best Long Range Loadouts | PDSW 528 Loadout | M4 Loadout | FSS Hurricane Loadout | TAQ-56 Loadout | MCPR-300 Loadout | Kastov 762 Loadout | RPK Loadout | Lachmann Loadout | EBR-14 Loadout | RAAL MG Loadout | SP-R 208 Loadout |