Pokémon GO has transitioned into the Season of Light, and along with a whole new roadmap, Trainers can already jump into some new Special Research. Labeled as A Cosmic Companion, the season-long research promises some new Legendary encounters that haven't been seen in the mobile game yet.
Like other seasons in the past year, the Season of Light will last for three full months starting on September 1. Only about a third of the research will be available each month until all of it can be claimed in December. That doesn't mean you can't get started though and we have the first three steps in this guide.
All A Cosmic Companion Research in Pokémon GO
To get started on A Cosmic Companion Special Research, all you need to do is sign into GO. As long as you open up your game between September 1 and December 1 of 2022, you'll earn the Special Research story. If you've claimed the research in time, the tasks can still be completed after December 1 passes.
The rewards in the research itself will revolve around Cosmog and its evolutions. Each of the four total forms has already been teased and Cosmog is an immediate reward in the first step of A Cosmic Companion. Below you can find the three steps available for the month of September.
A Cosmic Companion 1/10:
- Catch 15 Pokémon - 5 Razz Berries
- Make 10 Curveball Throws - Staryu Encounter
- Catch 15 Psychic-type Pokémon - 5 Pinap Berries
- Rewards: Cosmog Encounters, 1,000 XP, 500 Stardust
A Cosmic Companion 2/10:
- Give your buddy 3 treats - Woobat Encounter
- Earn 10 Candies walking with your buddy - Staryu Encounter
- Catch 15 Psychic-type Pokémon - Munna Encounter
- Rewards: 1 Poffin, 2,000 XP, 500 Stardust
A Cosmic Companion 3/10:
- Earn 15 hearts with your buddy - Ralts Encounter
- Send 10 Gifts to Friends - Staryu Encounter
- Catch 20 different species of Pokémon - 25 Poké Balls
- Rewards: 5 Pinap Berries, 3,000 XP, 1,000 Stardust
The rewards for step four of the research have already been revealed and we can all expect to earn some more Cosmog candies. For now, Cosmog likely won't be able to evolve in Pokémon GO, but an October event may change that.
Once the evolution becomes available for Cosmog, the Special Research story will likely lead to Cosmoem and its final forms. Until then, there are new events such as the Psychic Spectacular that can help with completing the first few steps.
Featured image courtesy of Niantic / The Pokémon Company.