Do you want to join the GINX family? Are you an experienced writer and have a passion for all things gaming and esports? Then you might just be our new Editorial team member!
We are hiring full-time writers to join our Editorial team, as well as freelance writers. You will be working with a team of highly-trained editors, creating content for the GINX.tv website.
To apply, email our Senior Editor, Wessel Minnie, at [email protected]
Please send your CV, Cover Letter, and importantly, examples of your work. Feel free to add any queries. This is a full-time position for five days a week, 8 hours a day.
Applicants must do a minimum of four articles per working day. We are looking for experienced writers with SEO knowledge. There's also room for specialized writers, such as one investigative reporter who can find breaking news or dive into a specific game's community. Flexibility is key.
Please note:For freelance positions, a minimum of 10 articles per month is required. Competitive compensation on a per-article basis.
Full-Time Contributing Writer Job Listing
GINX TV is one of the world's leading media outlets dedicated to esports. Our brands reach millions of households across the world every month. Our content is created not only to live on television and OTT but also digital platforms, of which ginx.tv.
We are looking for gaming guides, news and opinion writers with previous experience (at least two years) and a demonstrable portfolio of published articles. As a Full-Time Contributing Writer, you will join a team of editors and writers to plan, research, create and optimise content. You will create engaging content for the website, ensuring we hit our growth and engagement KPIs.
The ideal candidate is creative and motivated, able to meet deadlines. You should be comfortable researching topics, handling your publications' layouts, and optimising them for maximum SEO impact.
- Research, curate, generate and publish news articles, guides and opinion pieces on ginx.tv.
- Brainstorm new stories, series, concepts, themes, and formats as needed.
- Handle the layout, appearance and content of your articles.
- Cultivate industry relationships with a view to generate exclusive content.
- Monitor trends and contribute to SEO content development.
- Collaborate closely with the site editor(s).
- Represent GINX at and report on various events and shows.
- Assist the team as and when needed to meet deadlines and KPIs.
- English fluency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- At least 2 years of experience in a writing-based role within the esports or gaming industry.
- Strong passion for gaming in general.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, with potential nights and week-end missions based on live event coverage
- Knowledge of content publishing & editing rules and How-Tos, including basic HTML knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of the gaming and esports industries.
- Knowledge of SEO.
- Willingness to improve/learn.
- Can take accountability for pieces/mistakes.
- Diversity - Willing to learn/try new things/explore unchartered waters.
The position is remote. Freelance candidates outside of the UK are welcome.
GINX TV Ltd l is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Senior Editor in Chief at GINX.