Picking the wrong server due to either not syncing with your friends beforehand, or running into issues where no one speaks English, for example, has been an issue for many Diablo Immortal players. Blizzard has remedied the situation with Diablo Immortal's Character Transfer feature.
The feature allows players to transfer their Diablo Immortal character to another server. Here's what you need to know about Diablo Immortal's Character Transfer feature, including the requirements to get your favorite character on a different server and the price to use it.
Update on 2 May 2023: We've updated this article to reflect the latest information about Diablo Immortal's Character Transfer feature and its requirements.
Diablo Immortal Character Transfer Requirements
Blizzard wants to provide players with the opportunity and choice to transfer their Diablo Immortal characters to another server.
The developer explains: "Whether it be to vanquish darkness with friends on another server, to make new friends beyond your current server, or even for the sake of changing things up - we want to empower players to enjoy the game on whichever server feels like home to them."
There are, however, some requirements to use the Character Transfer feature in Diablo Immortal. First off, your character must be level 30 or above. Check out some requirements and what happens to your character when using the server transfer featured as outlined by Blizzard below.
- Any cosmetics on your character will transfer with them to their new server.
- If your target server has a character with the same name of the character you wish to transfer, a random number will be added to your name and a free name change will be provided.
- The server that your character is being transferred to must have fewer than five of your other characters currently on it.
- The level of your character being transferred cannot be higher than the current Paragon Server Level of the target server.
- Only a certain number of Character Transfers are available per day. If you encounter this restriction, please check back another day.
- Character Transfers are not available on certain servers due to restrictions. Please check the server selector to verify which servers are eligible to transfer to.
- No server transfers between China region servers and other regions will be allowed.
- When a character is transferred to another server, the account that your character is attached to remains unchanged.
Remember, the Character Transfer process will take a few minutes to complete. During this time, you will not be able to log into your Diablo Immortal account.
If your Diablo Immortal character does meet these requirements and you are happy with the details, let's get to the price.
Diablo Immortal Character Server Transfer Price?
The first server transfer for a character in Diablo Immortal is free. However, once you've used your freebie, it costs $15 each time you want to transfer another character.
The free character transfer does not expire. Furthermore, if you purchase multiple Character Transfers in Diablo Immortal, they will stay on your account until used.
Can A Diablo Immortal Character Be Transferred More Than Once?
Yes, as long as you open your wallet, a character can be transferred more than once. However, players must wait 30 days to transfer the same character to a different server, so choose wisely.
Changes When a Diablo Immortal Character Transfers Servers?
There are some caveats players need to know about when transferring their character to another server in Diablo Immortal. Blizzard has provided a list of things that will happen, which you can read below.
- Your character will be automatically disbanded from their current Warband.
- Your character will be automatically disbanded from their current Clan.
- Your character’s faction will be automatically set to Adventurer.
- All leaderboard rankings will be removed.
- Any Challenge Rift Server First records will not carry forward to your new server.
- Your progress in Achievements and Battleground Rating will be retained.
- All friends in your Friends List will be retained.
- After a Character Transfer, all items will be retained on your character. However, any items that your character possesses that can be traded in Wynton’s Grand Market will no longer be tradeable.
These all seem pretty fair, and it is nice to see some essential things, such as Achievements and Battleground Ratings, will be retained when transferring your Diablo Immortal character to another server.
So there you have it, everything we know about the Diablo Immortal Character Transfer feature, including the requirements and price, alongside what changes on your new server.
We will endeavor to update this article if any new information or maybe a price change (please, Blizzard...) becomes available.
Check out our video below, discussing Diablo Immortal's story and how the game fits into the franchise's timeline.
Diablo Immortal Guides - Character Server Transfer | Next Hungering Moon | Hell Difficulty Levels | Combat Rating (CR) | Recruit A Friend | Redeem Codes | Next Season | Fractured Plane Event | Vote Kick Feature | Next Helliquary Boss | XP Bug Fix | Class Change | Max Level Cost | Lost Pages | Legacy of the Horadrim | Player vs. Player (PVP) | Set Items | Resonance | Potency | Level Progression | Trading | Marketplace | Zone Events | Unlock Stormpoint | Phantom Market Lucky Draw Guide | Fabled Wisp | Fire Before Darkness | Set Crafting | Latest Redeem Codes |
Diablo Immortal Seasonal Events: Hallow's Wake Guide |