For new players to Diablo Immortal, having to choose your starting class can be a daunting decision to make. But for those who want a class that is ideal for close-quarter melee combat, but has the defences to handle more damage than the Barbarian class, then the Crusader class is for you.
But once you've pledged yourself to the crusader class, you might want to know what the best build is for your class. Luckily, we have you covered, as this guide will walk you through how to put together the best Crusader build in Diablo Immortal, along with the best skills to use, Attributes to focus on, and the best Paragon skills.
Diablo Immortal Crusader Build - Best Skills
The Crusader class is the perfect balance between offence and defence, sporting high damage output, though not as high as other berserker builds, it makes up for that lack with higher defences and tanky shields. The Crusader also has the highest movement speed of all the classes and sports a steed to mount that changes and modifies your attacks.
- Diablo Immortal Paragon Soldier Tree - All Skills and Attributes
- Diablo Immortal Barbarian Class Guide - Best Build, Skills, Paragon Tree, and more
- Diablo Immortal Tomb of Fahir Guide - Location, Level Required, Set Items And More
- Diablo Immortal Paragon Gladiator Tree - All Skills and Attributes
This makes the build perfect for players who like to deal damage but want some defensive capabilities but be able to move on the battlefield quickly, this means the skills you use need to reflect and highlight the unique balance that the Crusader class is known for. So below we have put together the best skills for the Crusader build at levels 8, 15 and 20 in Diablo Immortal.
Best Diablo Immortal Crusader Skills for Rank 8
Once you reach level 8, the following are the best skills for the Crusader to equip.
- Punish - Strike an enemy for damage and gain a 30% block chance for two seconds. It also has an ultimate called Counterattack Storm that increases your Punish attack and block chance bonus for 12 seconds, with an added shield that absorbs damage equal to 20% of your maximum health for 3 seconds.
- Spinning Shield - Hurl your shield toward your enemies dealing damage as it moves away and on its path back to you.
- Shield Glare - Unleash an attack that deals damage to enemies in front of you and inflicts bleed damage for 3 seconds.
- Sweep Attack - Sweep a mystical flail at your enemies that deals more damage and increases its range the longer you charge it, when mazed out it will also deal knockback damage to your enemies.
- Falling Sword - Impale your holy sword into the ground and deal damage to all enemies around you for 5 seconds, then activate it again to leap into the air and crash down where you impaled the sword to deal even more damage to your enemies.
Best Crusader Skill for Rank 15
Once you reach level 15, we suggest switching out Shield Glare for Draw and Quarter.
- Draw and Quarter - Mount your celestial war horse regardless of any movement impairing effects and increase your movement speed by 65%. YOu also gain a strike that replaces your primary attack, and holy chains will bind up to 8 enemies and drag them along for damage as you ride through them.
Best Crusader Skill for Rank 20
Once you reach level 15, we suggest switching out Sweep Attack for Consecration.
- Consecration - Enchant the ground around you and deal damage to all nearby enemies for 6 seconds.
Diablo Immortal Crusader Guide - Attributes and Gems
Every class in diablo immortal has its strengths and to get the most out of them, you will need to use Attributes gained from weapons, armour and Gems to push your builds strengths where they need them. For the Crusader Class, you will want to focus on gear that scales with Strength and Fortitude, boosting your character's defence and offence rating.
As for Diablo Immortal Crusader Gems, you'll want to prioritize Tourmaline for Damage, Sapphire for Armor penetration and Topaz for Increasing your overall Resistance. Once you reach level 60 and can use Legendary Gems, we suggest the Everlasting Torment, the Fervant Fang and the Lighting Core which will boost all of the stats useful to the Crusader class.
Diablo Immortal Crusader Build - Paragon Skills
Lastly, once players reach level 60 they will unlock the Paragon Skill trees which provide extra bonuses to your class's skills. After you reach level 60, every one level gained equals one Paragon point you can assign to the tree of your choosing.
We recommend players put their points into the Vanquisher Skill tree and spend their points on your Damage node and then your Zeal Node. From there you can put points into whatever node is necessary depending on if you're playing solo or doing PvP (Player versus Player).
We'd like to thank YouTube Channel KaidGames2 for their full guide on the Crusader build in Diablo Immortal. For more of their amazing content, please consider subscribing to their channel.
And for more on the game, check out our section dedicated to Diablo Immortal guides, news, leaks, and much more.
Featured image courtesy of Blizzard Entertainment.