GINX Esports TV is on the lookout for a secondary Staff Writer join the team. Read the job description below and find out how to apply!
About Ginx TV
We are based on a small industrial campus between London’s King’s Cross and Camden. Our channel, GINX Esports TV, is dedicated to the world of esports and we broadcast entertainment shows as well as live esports tournaments around the world.
The channel is distributed to over 50 million households worldwide and is pioneering the concept of bringing esports to mainstream TV audiences.
GINX Esports TV is recruiting an esports journalist to join the Digital team in our London HQ. The team will operate as a central hub, collaborating with partners and affiliates across the world and a wide array of other groups: Press, Production, Event organisation, Distribution, Production and other stakeholders.
As part of this team, you will be responsible for keeping up on the pulse of gaming and esports with any breaking news in the industry, as well as securing interviews for features both on the website and for production purposes.
You will collaborate with the wider team to help implement a focused content strategy that is both accessible and enjoyable for our readers across the globe as we seek to expand the GINX brand.
- Research, fact-check and write esports content for the website ginx.tv
- Identify trends and potential trends as early as possible and write related content to drive users
- Find and secure the most interesting and relevant stories or voices from the gaming and esports industry across the world
- Use our platform to create engaging, shareable and opinionated esports content which will be distributed on the internet platform and in our TV Shows
- Chase leads for breaking news and keep up to date with the goings-on of the industry
- Attend planning and creative meetings
- Collaborate closely with the team to best serve the GINX brand
- Represent GINX during events and shows, shot by or about GINX
- English fluency
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess a deep understanding of the esports and gaming industries
- Have previous experience in esports, journalism or content production
- Be able to work nights and weekends based on live event coverage needs
- Be comfortable working a non-traditional Wed-Mon shift due to gaming and esports industry demands
- Able to commute to our London office located near King’s Cross
- Be able to work cohesively with a small, multinational team
If you are interested in this position, you can apply via the Hitmarker Jobs post or by emailing email@example.com with your CV, cover letter and any examples of previous work.