The weapon pool in any given Warzone 2 season is arguably the most important feature to keep an eye on. Depending on which weapons received buffs and which ones were hit with nerfs, the way you play can change drastically. If you're not careful, you could find yourself running around with a weapon that was once A-Tier in the previous season and is now sitting pretty in D-Tier.
Shotguns in Warzone 2 aren't to everyone's taste. They're at their most effective at close-range, which suits a very particular playstyle. More often than not, they're relatively slow compared to the high fire-rates of ARs and SMGs. It's perhaps no surprise, then, that shotguns haven't climbed to S-Tier this season. In fact, they've barely breached B-Tier.
But don't write them off completely. In the right hands, they can be a force to be reckoned with and, if you've got nothing else to turn to, can really pull you out of a pinch. So if you're looking into improving your shotgun play, you'll need to know which ones are worth your time. To help, we've put together a tier list for the current pool of shotguns in Warzone 2 Season 5.
Update 8 September: This shotgun tier list has been updated with the current picks for Warzone 2 Season 5.
Warzone 2 Shotgun Tier List: All Shotguns Ranked
To get an understanding of what we're working with, it's important to lay out the tiers. All weapons in Warzone 2 are ranked under five tier levels, from best to worst, these are:
- S-Tier: The best Warzone 2 has to offer. These guns will be the most powerful in their class, even without the most optimized loadout. But, if you know what you're doing, these guns can carry some serious stopping power.
- A-Tier: Excellent weapon choices, but not quite good enough to stand on their own. With the right attachments, you can deal some serious damage to your opponents.
- B-Tier: A middle-tier weapon. With the right loadout and attachments, these weapons can be a solid choice on the field. If your skill is high enough, then you shouldn't have too much trouble making some effective plays.
- C-Tier: Not the worst pick, but there are other options that will serve you better. You'll likely need a decent loadout to cover these weapons' shortcomings.
- D-Tier: The last resort. You're unlikely to win any matches with these weapons, but they'll get the job done in the right hands, and if you've got no other options.
In the current season, there are no shotguns in the S-Tier ranking. The majority of options fall comfortably in C-Tier, with a few exceptions.
- B-Tier: KV Broadside, MX Guardian
- C-Tier: Bryson 800, Expedite 12, Lockwood 300, Bryson 890.
The KV Broadside remains the no-brainer choice for the shotgun crown, sitting at a roughly 0.5% pickrate. The others will serve their purpose, but you're better off reaching for something a little more reliable.
Be sure to check out some of our other tier lists for this season, such as our handgun rankings.
Warzone 2 Battle Royale Guides - Map Al Mazrah Guide|Map Size|All Killstreaks Explained|Unlock All Operators|New Reporting System|Prestige Ranks, Cap, Rewards|New Battle Pass System|All New Operators List|Victus XMR Sniper Rifle Unlocking Guide|Backpack & Looting Explained | Skill-Based Matchmaking| PC Specs |Check Server Status | Unlock Zeus & Mortal's Bane | Locked On The Menu Issue | CDL Packs | Blackout Roze Operator Skin | BAS-P SMG Unlocking Guide | Weapon Balance Changes | Hidden Money Chests | Unlock Gaz and Klaus | AQ Soldier Kills |
Warzone 2 DMZ Mode Guides - Factions & Missions | Contracts & World Activities | DMZ Faction Rewards | Interrogation Guide | Factions Rewards | Unlock UAV Towers | Find Stronghold Keycards | LAG & Stuttering Fix |
Warzone 2 Class Setups - Best Meta Loadouts | Best Long Range Loadouts | PDSW 528 Loadout | M4 Loadout | FSS Hurricane Loadout | TAQ-56 Loadout | MCPR-300 Loadout | Kastov 762 Loadout | RPK Loadout | Lachmann Loadout | EBR-14 Loadout | RAAL MG Loadout | SP-R 208 Loadout |