Every season in Warzone 2, the weapon pool undergoes some interesting changes. Through buffs and nerfs, each weapon has the potential to rise to the top of the meta, or crash down into the ashes below.
But it's important to stay in the know when it comes to a weapon's status. Picking up a gun you think you know really well, only to find that it's been nerfed into oblivion is a surefire way to back yourself into a corner. SMGs are subject to this treatment, particularly from being a consistently popular choice. It's fast rate of fire is only weighed down by its slight inaccuracy. SMGs are also best used at medium to long-range, making them a great alternative to a simple handgun.
Mastering the SMG is only part of the challenge, however. You also need to know which ones are even worth your time to begin with. Thankfully, we've put together a tier list, ranking this season's current pool of SMGs.
Update 8 September: This SMG tier list has been updated with the current picks for Warzone 2 Season 5.
Warzone 2 SMG Tier List: All SMGs Ranked
All weapons in Warzone 2 are ranked under five tier levels, from best to worst, these are:
- S-Tier: The best Warzone 2 has to offer. These guns will be the most powerful in their class, even without the most optimized loadout. But, if you know what you're doing, these guns can carry some serious stopping power.
- A-Tier: Excellent weapon choices, but not quite good enough to stand on their own. With the right attachments, you can deal some serious damage to your opponents.
- B-Tier: A middle-tier weapon. With the right loadout and attachments, these weapons can be a solid choice on the field. If your skill is high enough, then you shouldn't have too much trouble making some effective plays.
- C-Tier: Not the worst pick, but there are other options that will serve you better. You'll likely need a decent loadout to cover these weapons' shortcomings.
- D-Tier: The last resort. You're unlikely to win any matches with these weapons, but they'll get the job done in the right hands, and if you've got no other options.
When it comes to SMGs, no matter which one you pick up it's bound to serve you well. Each of the available SMGs in Season 5 range from S-Tier down to C-Tier. Here's where they stand:
- S-Tier: Lachmann Sub, ISO 45
- A-Tier: VEL 46, BAS-P, PDSW 528, Vaznev-9K, Lachmann Shroud
- B-Tier: Fennec 45, FSS Hurricane, MX9
- C-Tier: Minibak
The S-Tier SMG, the Lachmann Sub, is leagues ahead of not only the other SMGs but most of the other guns in the game. The gun currently sits at a 16% pickrate. But, with Season 5's new weapons, we could see the rankings shift over the season. It remains to be seen if any serious nerfs to either weapon could upset the meta once more.
Warzone 2 Battle Royale Guides - Map Al Mazrah Guide|Map Size|All Killstreaks Explained|Unlock All Operators|New Reporting System|Prestige Ranks, Cap, Rewards|New Battle Pass System|All New Operators List|Victus XMR Sniper Rifle Unlocking Guide|Backpack & Looting Explained | Skill-Based Matchmaking| PC Specs |Check Server Status | Unlock Zeus & Mortal's Bane | Locked On The Menu Issue | CDL Packs | Blackout Roze Operator Skin | BAS-P SMG Unlocking Guide | Weapon Balance Changes | Hidden Money Chests | Unlock Gaz and Klaus | AQ Soldier Kills |
Warzone 2 DMZ Mode Guides - Factions & Missions | Contracts & World Activities | DMZ Faction Rewards | Interrogation Guide | Factions Rewards | Unlock UAV Towers | Find Stronghold Keycards | LAG & Stuttering Fix |
Warzone 2 Class Setups - Best Meta Loadouts | Best Long Range Loadouts | PDSW 528 Loadout | M4 Loadout | FSS Hurricane Loadout | TAQ-56 Loadout | MCPR-300 Loadout | Kastov 762 Loadout | RPK Loadout | Lachmann Loadout | EBR-14 Loadout | RAAL MG Loadout | SP-R 208 Loadout |