Each season, the weapon pool in Warzone 2 is subject to some changes usually in the form of some seasonal buffs and nerfs. Some a minor and others have the potential to shift the whole meta. Regardless of which weapon gets hit with the changes, it's important for players to stay in know. A previously solid A-Tier weapon could now have slipped down to D-Tier, putting you at a serious disadvantage in matches.
Light Machine Guns, or LMGs, have been known to get some overhauls every now and then. As a cross between a Heavy Machine Gun and an Assault Rifle, these particular weapons aren't to everyone's tastes. Typically, they boast a similar damage and ammo capacity to a Submachine Gun, but they're a little heavier than other weapons. Their damage output makes them a great medium to long-ranged weapon, putting them above Shotguns and SMGs, but their use is muddied by a slow reload speed.
But, some players are die-hard fans of the LMG, and in those cases it's important to know where Warzone 2's current pool of LMGs rank amongst each other.
Update 8 September: This LMG tier list has been updated with the current picks for Warzone 2 Season 5.
Warzone 2 LMG Tier List: All LMGs Ranked
To get an understanding of what we're working with, it's important to lay out the tiers. All weapons in Warzone 2 are ranked under five tier levels, from best to worst, these are:
- S-Tier: The best Warzone 2 has to offer. These guns will be the most powerful in their class, even without the most optimized loadout. But, if you know what you're doing, these guns can carry some serious stopping power.
- A-Tier: Excellent weapon choices, but not quite good enough to stand on their own. With the right attachments, you can deal some serious damage to your opponents.
- B-Tier: A middle-tier weapon. With the right loadout and attachments, these weapons can be a solid choice on the field. If your skill is high enough, then you shouldn't have too much trouble making some effective plays.
- C-Tier: Not the worst pick, but there are other options that will serve you better. You'll likely need a decent loadout to cover these weapons' shortcomings.
- D-Tier: The last resort. You're unlikely to win any matches with these weapons, but they'll get the job done in the right hands, and if you've got no other options.
In the current season, most LMGs actually sit comfortably in either the A-Tier or B-Tier:
The current rankings are perhaps no surprise to regular Warzone 2 players. The Rapp H remains an extremely popular choice, with a 4.7% pick rate.
Be sure to check out some of our other tier lists for this season, such as our handgun rankings.
Warzone 2 Battle Royale Guides - Map Al Mazrah Guide|Map Size|All Killstreaks Explained|Unlock All Operators|New Reporting System|Prestige Ranks, Cap, Rewards|New Battle Pass System|All New Operators List|Victus XMR Sniper Rifle Unlocking Guide|Backpack & Looting Explained | Skill-Based Matchmaking| PC Specs |Check Server Status | Unlock Zeus & Mortal's Bane | Locked On The Menu Issue | CDL Packs | Blackout Roze Operator Skin | BAS-P SMG Unlocking Guide | Weapon Balance Changes | Hidden Money Chests | Unlock Gaz and Klaus | AQ Soldier Kills |
Warzone 2 DMZ Mode Guides - Factions & Missions | Contracts & World Activities | DMZ Faction Rewards | Interrogation Guide | Factions Rewards | Unlock UAV Towers | Find Stronghold Keycards | LAG & Stuttering Fix |
Warzone 2 Class Setups - Best Meta Loadouts | Best Long Range Loadouts | PDSW 528 Loadout | M4 Loadout | FSS Hurricane Loadout | TAQ-56 Loadout | MCPR-300 Loadout | Kastov 762 Loadout | RPK Loadout | Lachmann Loadout | EBR-14 Loadout | RAAL MG Loadout | SP-R 208 Loadout |