The undead assault continues in Season 2 as new Dark Aether entities, both friend and foe, enter the mortal world and make their presence known. Accordingly, Vanguard Zombies players must fend off a new three-faced threat, Zaballa The Deceiver, but will be aided by newcomer Vercanna The Last.
Here's everything we know about the new deity, including her "Healing Aura" Artifact Power and the new "Artifact Ward" Covenant, as indicated in the Call of Duty official blog post.
Who is Vercanna the Last in Vanguard Zombies Season 2?
Vanguard Zombies will feature a new ally, Vercanna The Last, who will provide players with the strength they need to conquer the slew of undead in the new front of Terra Maledicta. Vercanna is the latest Dark Aether entity to lend her powers to the battle against Von List and Kortifex.
"A newcomer to our world, Vercanna seeks revenge on Kortifex for wiping out her entire clan. She is the Last of her kind and joins Krafft's allies at a crucial moment in the war on the undead," the blog post reads.
What does the Healing Aura Artifact Power do?
Vercanna The Last also has a unique healing Artifact Power called "Healing Aura." Activating the ability will send light beams onto all allied Operators, instantly restoring them to full health. Upgrading the Artifact Power's tier will unlock additional perks.
We've listed the base ability and upgrade tiers for Healing Aura below.
- Tier 1: The Wand of the Wilds summons Vercanna's Life Energy to fully heal yourself and your allies instantly.
- Tier 2: Knockdown normal enemies and stun Special enemies near each player.
- Tier 3: Revive all downed allies.
- Tier 4: Revived allies have their lost Perks returned.
- Tier 5: The Life Energy persists at each player's location for 10 seconds and continues to heal and revive players.
Vanguard Zombies Season 2 - New Artifact Ward Covenant
Activision revealed that "Artifact Ward" will join the Altar of Covenants, with a chance to trigger for free when hit by a melee attack from the rear. Artifact Ward's three rarities are as follows:
- Rare: Being hit by a melee attack on the back has a chance to trigger your Artifact
- Epic: Being hit by a melee attack on the back has a higher chance to trigger your Artifact.
- Legendary: Being hit by a melee attack anywhere has a higher chance to trigger your Artifact.
And that's it! There are loads of content headed our way. Be sure to check out our dedicated Call of Duty section for more news, updates, guides, leaks, loadouts, and more!
All featured images are courtesy of Activision.