Modern Warfare 2 has various features that give players a sense of personalization, with tons of customizable features to edit to your liking, from weapon tuning and camos to changing your name color. Changing your name color may not be as simple, so to help with that, we've put together this guide.
Below, we will show you exactly how to change your name color in Modern Warfare 2. As well as everything you need to know about the name color system in the game.
Modern Warfare 2 - How To Change Your Name Color
For those who want to stand out while sitting on someone's friend list, Modern Warfare 2 allows players to change the color of their player name. This color customizer is not visible in-game or while waiting in the lobby, but it is visible to the player when editing their loadout and on the friend list.
What makes this slightly complicated is that to be able to use these cool colors on your player profile, you'll need to use the clan tag feature. But by following the steps provided below, it's fairly simple to do:
- To begin, launch Modern Warfare 2 and navigate to the 'Edit Clan Tag' option. This is located in the profile section, which is in the top right corner of your screen.
- Insert the upward arrow button key (^), which on PC is Shift+6.
- Now, enter any single digit from 0 to 9 or a special symbol, where each number or symbol represents a color code.
- Then, without any spaces, type the name of your clan. For instance, if your clan tag is COD, then write "2COD" (without the quotes) for light Green. Or type in "*COD" for Purple.
- Exit by pressing the 'Save' button. Your name will now include the color profile.
- To remove it, simply delete all the text in the Edit Clan tag section and save it.
Below are all the color codes for each numerical digit and special symbols that you can use to change your color clan tag in MW2:
- ^0: Black
- ^1: Red
- ^2: Green
- ^3: Yellow
- ^4: Blue
- ^5: Light Blue
- ^6: Pink
- ^7: White
- ^8: Dark Blue
- ^9: Dark Red
- Fullstop (.): Light Green
- Apostrophe (‘): Grey
- Asterisk (*): Purple
- Percentage sign (%): Mint Green
- Plus sign (+): Orange
- Minus sign (-): Faded or Sky Blue
- Semicolon (;): Navy Blue
So there you have it, a step-by-step guide to changing your name color in Modern Warfare 2 and the specific color codes needed.
Modern Warfare 2 Guides - Jack Links Skin| Unlock All Operators| Check Server Status| Get Twitch Drops| Post-Credit Scene Explained| Unlock Gold Camo| Get Burger Town Operator| MGB Nuke| Unlock Every Weapon| All Killstreaks| Safe Code Locations
Featured image courtesy of Activision.
Modern Warfare 2 Guides - Jack Links Skin | Unlock All Operators | Check Server Status | Get Twitch Drops | Post-Credit Scene Explained | Unlock Gold Camo | Get Burger Town Operator | MGB Nuke | Unlock Every Weapon | All Killstreaks| Safe Code Locations | Check KD Ratio | XP Farm Trick | Chopper Gun Glitch | Weapon Tuning | Change Name Color | Hardcore Tier 1 Mode | Turn Off Crossplay | Steam Deck | Raid: Atomgrad | How To Play "Support A Team" | Unlock Orion Camo | Aim Assist Settings |
Modern Warfare 2 Fixes & Issues- Best NVIDIA GeForce Drivers | Dev Error 6036 | MW2 Missing Items | Unlimited Tactical Sprint Bug | Stuck On Installing Bug | Display Name Not Allowed Bug | Gold Camo Not Unlocking | Voice Chat Not Working| Display FPS Counter |