Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 releases on 28th October 2022, and the Campaign Early access is currently available for players who have pre-ordered the game. But many players have been facing different bugs in the game, and the most recent and well-known bug is the ‘Dev Error 6036’. The ‘Dev Error 6036’ was faced by the players earlier when Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone was released.
This ‘Dev Error 6036’ is caused because the maps available in the game are missing; this issue is usually caused due to an installation error or some technical boot-up error. If you are facing this issue, complete the simple steps given below.
Update on 1st November 2022: We've updated this article to reflect the latest fix for the Modern Warfare 2 Dev Error 6036.
How To Fix MW2 Dev Error 6036
The MW2 Dev Error 6036 is not letting players launch the game, and it can be pretty frustrating when you are eager to play the latest Call of Duty series. If you are among the players who are facing the issue, then follow these simple steps to fix the bug:
- Restart the Battle.net launcher and select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
- Select the settings icon, and click on Scan and Repair.
- This will take a few minutes, depending upon your system configuration, this option allows the game to check for any errors during installation, and if it finds any, then it will automatically repair them.
- Once repairs are done, try launching Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; hopefully, this will fix the issue.
- Open Steam Library and select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
- Then click on the settings icon on your screen's right-hand side.
- Then go to properties > Local Files and ‘Verify the integrity of the files.’
- This will start the same process to rectify the error that occurred during the game's installation.
- Once the integrity of the files is verified, restart Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and hopefully, this will solve Dev Error 6036.
If these above-given fixes don’t solve your problem, try reinstalling the game, and maybe it will solve the issue. That is everything you need to know about Dev Error 6036.
For more on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, check our section dedicated to Call of Duty news, guides, and features.
- Warzone 2 Map Size: How Big Is Al Mazrah Compared to Verdansk and Caldera
- Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Release Time Countdown: What Time Does CoD Come Out in Your Region
- All Modern Warfare 2 Safe Codes and Locations
Featured image courtesy of Activision.