Published on March 8th, 2017
Live on the PTR now is what we can assume will be the next patch for Overwatch as the season 4 meta
continues to evolve. It's not a major patch, but there are a good number of changes here that could see some characters receive a necessary shot to the arm.
Perhaps the primary change is a nerf to Orisa, the new Overwatch tank hero
that has been available on the PTR for a little while now. Her clip size has been reduced while the cost of her ultimate, Supercharger, has increased by 15%.
Elsewhere Ana receives another nerf, her rifle now doing 20 points less damage - which equates to a 25% drop - while her Biotic Grenade now does half the damage/healing it previously did on impact.
Subtle changes to Sombra and Junkrat could actually impact their viability now, with Sombra becoming harder to detect when entering stealth and her translocator cooldown reduced to 4 from 6. Junkrat likely won't become viable with his change, but the fact that he will no longer receive damage from his own grenades gives him a bit of an opportunity to climb the tier ladder.
Elsewhere it's mostly minor tweaks, and as ever these PTR changes might not make it into the live game as they are. Here are the changes for the upcoming patch as they are currently planned:
Overwatch Patch PTR Changes
- Biotic Rifle
- Damage decreased from 80 to 60
- Biotic Grenade
- Impact damage reduced from 60 to 30
- Impact healing reduced from 100 to 50
- No longer hurts himself from his own explosions. (Effect added to current passive: Total Mayhem)
- Fusion Driver
- Magazine size lowered from 200 to 150
- Sound effects and VO distance for entering and exiting Stealth reduced to 15 meters.
- Cooldown reduced from 6s to 4s
- Barrier Projector
- Cooldown now starts when the barrier is placed, instead of when it ends
- Orb of Destruction
- Alternate fire recovery reduced from 1s to 0.6s
- Orb of Discord
- Can now target enemies through barriers