Escape From Tarkov is one of the best competitive multiplayer games out there due to how much content is available in the game. Players can constantly loot other players to make the next run of the game easier. With the next wipe always looming in Escape From Tarkov, players are always looking for an edge. But the fact of the matter is that Escape From Tarkov is still in Beta and because of that, the game is constantly updating. As a result of that, the game is looking at some major improvements in the future. Battlestate Games has given us a technical roadmap for Escape From Tarkov and players have a lot to look forward to in the future.
7 June 2023 - We've updated this page with new information.
Table of Contents
Escape From Tarkov has released new balancing changes to the game, including:
- Updated equipment selling prices
- Adjusted equipment repair prices
- Adjusted melee weapon damage
- Lowered the Galvion Caiman Hybrid helmet armor class to Level 3
If you want to know more, we've got a full write-up on the link above.
Escape From Tarkov Roadmap Overview
Escape from Tarkov is looking at some major updates coming in the near future. So far, it looks like there will be four major updates coming to Escape From Tarkov in the next couple of months. In the first update, there will be updates that fix issues that flashlights have had in Escape From Tarkov. There will be also fixes for incorrect audio issues for short-distance gunshots and explosions.
The biggest update that players can look forward to is that Battlestate Games will transition Escape From Tarkov to Unity 2021. This means that Battlestate Games can use better technology to further improve the game. This includes graphical updates, reducing memory consumption, and so much more.
After transitioning Escape From Tarkov to Unity 2021, players can expect bigger raids to be coming as well. The number of players and bots in a raid will be 60 in the future which will make matches a lot more lively. FPS increases will be coming as well with better network traffic optimization.
After this update, patch 0.14 will come out and it will be the big content update. This includes the Streets of Tarkov expansion that players are waiting for. On top of this major update, players will also get kit presets, left shoulder shooting, and a lot more in the 0.14 update. As you can see, there is a lot to look forward to in Escape From Tarkov.
Keep reading for the complete list of updates announced for the Escape From Tarkov 2023 Roadmap.
Confirmed Escape From Tarkov 2023 Roadmap Updates List
0.13.05 – Technical Update (Now Live)
- Fixes for visual problems with flashlights, the way they function, and the light on weapons.
- Rework of skyboxes on all locations.
- Oculus Audio tweaks on Interchange (finally) and Lighthouse locations.
- Changes in headset system.
- Changes in the AI voice line playback system, in particular their frequency, volume, and positioning.
- Fixes incorrect sounds and volume of gunshots and explosions at short distances.
Transition to Unity 2021
It will allow the team to update graphics and optimize the game's performance. It'll also include support for HDR and reduce memory consumption by changing the way the game memorizes the location and items.
Update 0.13.1.1.0 – Technical update
- Fundamental changes to the architecture of display and synchronization of players on the client and their connection to the server, including:
– Gradual increase in the number of players and bots in a raid to 60.
– Improving hit registration.
– Increase in accuracy of positioning (position matching) of players on the server and the client.
– Noticeable increase in FPS in online raids.
– Reducing the chance of encountering desynchronization with the server.
– Network traffic optimization.
- New culling system on “old” locations.
- Optimization of RAM consumption, including the elimination of possible memory leaks.
- Optimized rendering system for semi-transparent materials.
0.14.0.0 – Content Update
- Streets of Tarkov expansion (out of ?).
- BTR on Streets of Tarkov.
- New boss for Streets of Tarkov
- Armored plates for body armor and rework of hitboxes.
- Kit presets
- Weapon Animations when interacting with cover.
- Left shoulder shooting
- Hideout expansion.
- Randomized loot containers.
- Rework of recoil mechanics or all weapon types.
- Quick pistol tranasion.
- Suppressor durability, sound variations, and subsonic ammunition.
- Ammunition loading interface.
- Sight brightness adjustments.
- User interface rework
- Quest rebalance
- Rebalance of levels, skills, and mastering.
- Bipods and stabilizing firearms with cover.
- Choosing which body part to heal via a hotkey.
- Helmet flashlight.
- Meds and food consumption double click.
- AK-12, PKM, RPD, (A)SVT-40, 9A-91, UBGL for SCAR
That's everything you need to know about the Battlestate Games preliminary roadmap for Escape From Tarkov updates.
For more Escape From Tarkov news, be sure to check out our dedicated section or take a look at some of our Guides & Tutorials just below:
MAJOR NEWS - Latest Patch Notes | When Is The Next Tarkov Wipe | Is EFT Down? How To Check Tarkov Server Status |
FUTURE UPDATES - Tarkov 2023 Roadmap | Arena Mode Release Date Speculation & Latest News
MAP EXTRACTION GUIDES - Customs | Interchange | Factory | Woods | Reserve | Shoreline | The Lab | Lighthouse | Streets of Tarkov
GAME GUIDES - Beginners Guide & Tips | Best Weapon Builds | How To Get Kappa Container | How to Complete "the Stylish One" Quest Quickly