There's a lot going on in the World of Warcraft (WoW) Dragonflight Guardians of the Dream update, from the Amidrassil raid to the long-awaited Emerald Dream zone and a host of changes. Alongside all these PvE additions is a new PvP mode called Battleground Blitz Brawl, and it's exactly what you think it is...
In this article, we will share all the Battleground Blitz Brawl PvP mode details in WoW Dragonflight Season 3, from the team composition and rules to map changes, Conquest rewards, achievements, and more, so let's charge in.
WoW Battleground Blitz Brawl Team Composition
Battleground Blitz Brawl is a fast and furious PvP mode focusing on 8v8 matches on eight (8) maps you already know and love (or hate). Players can queue either solo or as a duo if one of the duo players is a healer.
Team Composition Rules:
- Each team will be comprised of 2 healers, 5-6 damage dealers, and 0 to 1 tank.
- Opposing teams will always have the same number of tanks (0 or 1)
- Matches that do not include a tank will not take place on any Capture the Flag maps such as Warsong Gulch and Twin Peaks.
- Matches that have a tank as a part of the team will occur on any available map.
Item Level Requirement For Battleground Blitz?
The minimum item level to queue for the Battleground Blitz Brawl mode is 330. Blizzard further explains that:
For Battleground Blitz, the item level for equipped gear above 312 item level will scale to 472 (4 item levels below Dragonflight season 3 Honor gear), similar to how gear scaling currently works for other unranked modes. The scaling is limited to 312 and above to avoid potential issues with over-scaling stats on items from previous expansions.
This new mode is available every week from 7 November 2023, and Blizzard has noted that just like Solo Shuffle, it could become a Rated Mode along the line.
Battleground Blitz Brawl Mechanics & New Runes
With the fast-paced nature of Battleground Blitz Brawl, Blizzard had to make some changes to PvP mechanics and timings so compensate. Check out these changes below.
- On maps where you must cast to take an objective, the cast time has been reduced from 6 seconds down to 4 seconds.
- On domination maps, control points are captured in 30 seconds after being contested (reduced from 1 minute).
- On all maps, players will gain a new buff, Swift Pursuit which grants 150% increased mount speed.
There are also new runes to contest over and pick up, providing some great buffs. Check them out below.
- Shield of Protection: Provides a shield equal to 50% of your maximum health for 45 seconds.
- Into the Shadows: Provides a player with stealth and 100% increased movement speed for 30 seconds.
- Rune of Frequency: Increases cooldown rate by 50% for 30 seconds.
- Shadow Sight: Provides Stealth and Invisibility detection for 12 seconds.
Remember, this is to help with the smaller-scale combat in Battleground Blitz Brawl's 8v8 format.
All Maps & Rules in Battleground Blitz
Blizzard has made several modifications to PvP maps (Eye of the Storm, Arathi Basin, and Deepwind Gorge getting the most changes) for Battleground Blitz Brawl at the start of WoW Dragonflight Season 3. Keep in mind that these modifications are only for the new PvP mode, and they will remain the same in other modes.
Eye of the Storm Changes:
- Only 2 of the 4 nodes are capturable at a time (1 per side), which award points, with the middle flag being available to capture.
- Mage Tower or Draenei Ruins and Fel Reaver Ruins or Blood Elf Tower.
- When the middle flag is captured, previous nodes move to neutral and reset.
- 2 nodes (1 per side) re-activate, alternating.
- Points for capturing a flag are significantly increased.
- When a flag is captured, the existing available nodes will become uncapturable. After 15 seconds, the other set of nodes will become available.
Arathi Basin & Deepwind Gorge Changes
- 5 capturable nodes.
- Increased resource acquisition.
- After you capture a node entirely, you control it for 45 seconds. It then deactivates and can be captured again 5 seconds later.
- To fully capture a node, you have to complete the 4-second cast, then hold the point for 30 seconds without the enemy team recapturing the node. There are added timers located under “Objectives” in the UI.
- During the time a node is fully captured and your team controls it for 45 seconds, the enemy team cannot recapture the base until it deactivates and resets. A node that cannot be captured will have a shield visual on it.
Warsong Gulch & Twin Peaks Changes"
- The flag carrier debuff, Brutal Assault, stacks 100% faster (each stack every 15 seconds, up from 30 seconds).
- The Maximum game length is now set to 12 minutes.
Battle for Gilneas Changes:
- Increased resource acquisition rate in the middle areas of the map.
Temple of Kotmogu Changes:
- Increased resource acquisition in the middle areas of the map.
Battleground Blitz Brawl also features Silvershard Mines as a map, but the developers decided not to make any changes since it is already fast-paced.
WoW Battleground Blitz Brawl Conquest Rewards
You can farm a nice bit of Conquest to purchase PvP gear in Battleground Blitz Brawl. Conquest has been increased for the winning team, and if you lose but it was a close match, you also get some Conquest points.
- The first win of the day awards 100 Conquest.
- Additional wins in the same day award 50 Conquest.
- Losing by a narrow margin results in an award of 25 Conquest
Players can also pick up the "Something Different" weekly brawl quest and two additional Battleground Blitz Brawl quests. Head to Malicia in Valdrakken to pick them up for some more rewards!
Battleground Blitz Brawl Achievements
You can find a list of the Battleground Blitz Brawl achievements available to earn in WoW Dragonflight Season 3 below.
- Battleground Blitz Novice: Win 10 Battleground Blitz Matches.
- Battleground Blitz Apprentice: Win 25 Battleground Blitz Matches.
- Battleground Blitz Veteran: Win 50 Battleground Blitz Matches.
- Learning the Ropes: Complete 25 Battleground Blitz Matches.
- Brawlroom Blitzer: Complete 50 Battleground Blitz Matches.
- Battle-Scarred Battler: Complete 100 Battleground Blitz Matches.
That's quite a bit of info to go through for WoW Dragonflight PvP enthusiasts. The Battleground Blitz Brawl does seem quite fun, as I've personally been waiting for a faster battleground experience. Hopefully, a lot of players will queue up starting on 7 November 2023 when the Guardians of the Dream update releases.
Speaking of the latest big update, check out a 15-minute long video below from Blizzard, giving players a first look at the Guardians of the Dream update.
That's everything the heroes of Azeroth need to know about the Battleground Blitz Brawl PvP mode releasing with WoW Dragonflight Season 3. If any details change, we will endeavor to update this article faster than an enemy Druid can snag your flag...
Check out our video below, where we dive deep into the lore of the Dragon Aspects in World of Warcraft, discussing all the leaders, their history, and some family drama!
Dragonflight Guides - Primal Storms Event| Content Roadmap| Play On Steam Deck| Raid Schedule| Dracthyr Evoker Class| Dragon Isles Zones| Max Level & Progression Path| Crafting Orders| Dragonriding| Editions & Bonuses|Dracthyr Evoker|Twitch Drops & Rewards|Maintenance Schedule US & EU|Check Server Status|Performance & Stuttering Fix|DPS Tier List|Mythic+ Affix Rotation Season 1|Reset Talents | Transfer Aborted & World Down Issues | Tangled Dreamweaver Mount | Stuck on Loading Screen Error Fix | Vault of the Incarnates Loot | Wrathion or Sabellian? |
Featured image courtesy of Blizzard.