It's one of the most anticipated games of the year, with millions tuning into to its official reveal last week where viewers were treated to a presentation and some live gameplay from selected streamers.
Now attention switches to getting into that Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War beta, details have already been released for the open beta, with players who pre-order a PlayStation 4 digital version of the game able to play between the 8-12th of October with all platforms able to play from the 15-19th.
(Picture: Activision Blizzard)
But that is the open beta, what about the closed? Well, it turns out that Treyarch, who are developing this year's release, has been using their discord to drop keys for the game, as confirmed by Treyarch's community manager Foxhound FPS on their game's subreddit.
They started dropping the closed on Saturday, 12th with 50 codes that would grant you access on your chosen platform.
Since then they dropped just 50 more yesterday, but expect the frequency of drops to increase as they look to test server load and iron out the bugs.
With just 50 codes being released at one time, you know people are going to be clamouring for them so to give yourself the best chance of getting one follow our guide below.
Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War: How to get access to the closed beta
To be in with a chance of gaining access to the closed beta follow these steps.
- Join Treyarch's Discord channel.
- To give yourself the best chance of knowing when the keys have been posted, right-click on the beta-codes channel, and set notifications to all messages.
- Once you have done that, right-click on the Treyarch icon from your channel list on the left pane. Click on "Notification Settings" and make sure "Mobile Push Notifications" are turned on. If you have Discord installed on your smartphone you will now also receive a push notification on that device (If you are logged in with the same account).
Making sure you are notified when the beta keys are posting will be key (heh) to gaining access. (Picture: Ginx)
- Once you have the key you will need to head to Beta Redeem page on the Call of Duty website, it's best to be logged in and ready to go, enter your details and hit submit.
(Picture: Activision Blizzard)
- You will know instantly if you got a code. If you didn't run back to the list and try another, you will need to be quick though because they will go fast.
For more Call of Duty news, be sure to check out our dedicated section or some of our MW2 Guides & Tutorials below:
Modern Warfare 2 Guides - Jack Links Skin | Unlock All Operators | Check Server Status | Get Twitch Drops | Post-Credit Scene Explained | Unlock Gold Camo | Get Burger Town Operator | MGB Nuke | Unlock Every Weapon | All Killstreaks| Safe Code Locations|Check KD Ratio|XP Farm Trick|Chopper Gun Glitch|Weapon Tuning|Change Name Color|Hardcore Tier 1 Mode| Turn Off Crossplay|Steam Deck| Raid: Atomgrad | How To Play "Support A Team" | Unlock Orion Camo | Aim Assist Settings |
Modern Warfare 2 Fixes & Issues-Best NVIDIA GeForce Drivers | Dev Error 6036 | MW2 Missing Items | Unlimited Tactical Sprint Bug | Stuck On Installing Bug | Display Name Not Allowed Bug|Gold Camo Not Unlocking|Voice Chat Not Working| Display FPS Counter |
Best Modern Warfare 2 Loadouts - Best Weapon Tier List | M4 Loadout| PDSW 528 Loadout|TAQ-V Loadout|M4 Loadout|Fennec 45| No Recoil M4 Loadout | SA-B 50 Loadout | Kastov-74U Loadout |