- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare's inevitable Battle Royale mode will launch 10 March, according to a new leak
- It backs up a previous rumour around the release date, along it being free-to-play and a standalone title
- The new rumour suggests it will be squads only in the vein of Apex Legends
Activision still hasn’t acknowledged the existence of a new Battle Royale mode for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but it seems details are about to drop very soon.
The Twitter user has history with accurate Call Of Duty leaks, having previously revealed the 2v2 Gunfight alpha before it was announced for Modern Warfare.
Along with the release date, Okami13 claims a trailer is either arriving today (5th March) or Monday for the new mode. He further states, like previous rumours, it will be free-to-play and playable for those who haven’t purchased Modern Warfare.
- Warzone is launching March 10th— Okami (@Okami13_) March 5, 2020
- Trailer is ready. It's coming either on Thursday or on Monday.
- Free to play
- Squads only
- Will be in its own separate client
When all of this comes true you will know I'm right about MW2R coming this year.
Interestingly, he also suggests it will be squads only – going against previous leaks showing evidence of solos, duos and trios.
In response to a query about squads, Okami13 wrote: “It may have changed. This was the case as of mid-February.”
This follows a claimed leak of the full Call of Duty Warzone map, which was uploaded on Reddit by Senescallo – backing up previous images of what the map would look like.
It seems silly stating all these leaks should be taken with a pinch of salt at this stage, but Activision has yet to acknowledge Warzone even exists yet – although we’ll likely find out very soon.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.