If you can't wait for Activision to drop a new Call of Duty (COD): Mobile update, then we've got you covered. For those who want to check out new additions to the game, or changes in an upcoming update, should follow this guide. Here's how you can join the COD Mobile public test build.
COD Mobile public test build: How to join
First up, it is important to note progress from the COD Mobile public test build doesn't carry over to the live version. This is just for players to help test changes in an upcoming COD Mobile patch, and maybe get a little edge on the competition.
To join the COD Mobile public test build, you need to keep an eye on the game's official subreddit for Activision announcing a new build to test out. This happens every-so-often, and there's one going on right now, featuring the 10v10 mode coming to the game.
Follow the simple steps below to join the COD Mobile public test build:
- Open the Reddit post about the public test server build.
- Scroll down and click on the link which says “downloadable via APK here.”
- Download the APK. The current one is 1.7 GB in size, so keep your Wi-Fi on.
- After the download finishes, tap on the file to begin the installation.
- The Andriod installer will ask you to confirm the installation.
- Enable the option to install APK files from unknown sources if your phone doesn't want to install the APK.
Keep in mind the current COD Mobile public test build is full, as there were only 20,000 spaces available. This means you need to be quick in grabbing the APK when Activision announces a new build to test.
Currently, the public test builds for COD Mobile are only available on Andriod devices.
Don't forget to provide Activision with feedback to make the game better. Judging by how quickly Activision pushes out new COD Mobile public test builds, more and more should appear each couple of weeks.
While you wait for the new COD Mobile public test build to try, you can always spend some time watching the latest episode of our Lockdown video series.