Escape from Tarkov wipes once every five to seven months, meaning players obtain around half a year to level up fast and grow in progress alongside all other players. Nonetheless, this can become rather boring once obtaining wealth, a high level, and fluent ability within raids. The game can begin to slow down, causing you to potentially lose interest, especially if the wipe is still three/four months away. Therefore, Battlestate games have given players the option to wipe their accounts should they so desire, giving them a fresh start.
Table of Contents
What Happens When You Wipe Your Account In Tarkov
Wiping your Escape From Tarkov account does the following:
- Restores level one
- Removes all character progress
- Deletes all task progress
- Removes all items from the stash
- Deletes character customization - face, voice, clothing
Essentially, wiping your account is the same as an Escape from Tarkov wipe, except you're the only one being "wiped" instead of everyone else. You're going to redo character selection, rename your character and select BEAR or USEC again.
How to Reset Escape from Tarkov Account
To reset your Escape from Tarkov account you're going to want to close the game client and Battlestate games launcher. Navigate to the Escape from Tarkov website and log in with your username and password. Once logging in continue to your profile and follow these steps:
- Click "Profile" in the top right corner of the website
- Under "Actions" on the right, look through the settings and select "Rest the game profile"
- You will be required to enter a verification code sent to your email
- Enter the verification code
- You will see the "RESET THE GAME PROFILE" button, once clicking it your profile is reset
Once clicking the button, your account will be completely reset, bringing it back to the original "vanilla" condition you found it. Please keep in mind, you can only reset your game profile once every three weeks. Additionally, if you reset your account whilst the game/launcher was open, there is a small chance the reset failed. Please repeat the steps accurately again to reset the account successfully.