Whether you are playing on World of Warcraft (WoW) Classic, Burning Crusade Classic or Wrath of the Lich King Classic, all servers need some downtime for maintenance. Blizzard has a weekly WoW Classic maintenance schedule, but sometimes, heroes of Azeroth get caught out by servers going down.
This article explains exactly how you can check the WoW Classic server maintenance schedule and provides times for both the US and Europe servers so you can plan your gameplay time accordingly.
Check WoW Classic Server Maintenance Schedule
Server maintenance takes place weekly for World of Warcraft (the latest expansion) and Classic versions. Sometimes, there are only "rolling restarts" and not an entire maintenance period, depending on what is happening in the world...of Warcraft.
- WotLK Classic Roadmap - Raids, Zombie Plague, Arena S5, And More
- Asmongold thinks Warcraft Arclight Rumble will make more money than WoW
- WoW Dragonflight max level and progression path
- World of Warcraft Dragonflight - Dragonriding Gameplay, Skills, and Unlocks
Those enjoying WoW Classic first need to understand that there are server maintenance schedules for Vanilla, Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
There are also different regions, and in this article, we outline the scheduled server downtime maintenance for both US and Europe regions.
As you can see from the image below, sometimes extended maintenance occurs. In this case, on 30th August 2022, Blizzard deployed an extended server maintenance period for WoW Classic Burning Crusade to launch the WotLK pre-patch.
To clarify, WoW Classic servers will undergo maintenance every Tuesday/Wednesday at the times below.
- Vanilla WoW Classic EU - Wednesdays from 03:00 to 04:00 CEST.
- Burning Crusade WoW Classic EU - Wednesdays from 03:00 to 04:00 CEST.
- WotLK WoW Classic EU - Wednesdays from 03:00 to 04:00 CEST.
- Vanilla WoW Classic US - Tuesdays from 07:00 to 08:00 PST.
- Burning Crusade WoW Classic US - Tuesdays from 07:00 to 08:00 PST.
- WotLK WoW Classic US - Tuesdays from 07:00 to 08:00 PST.
Please note that with the release of WoW WotLK Classic, the servers might go down unexpectedly, or long queue times and connection issues might occur.
- Americas - 26th September at 15:00 PDT.
- Europe - 27th September at midnight CEST.
- Taiwan - 27th September at 06:00 CST.
- Korea - 27th September at 07:00 KST.
- Australia - 27th September at 08:00 AEST.
You can check the server maintenance schedule for all Blizzard titles on the official support page, with weekly maintenance being announced as news right at the top.
If the servers are not down for maintenance or an unexpected outage, but you can't connect to WoW Classic, we suggest contacting Blizzard's customer service for your region.
So there you have it, a practical, easy way to check the World of Warcraft Classic server maintenance schedule so you can plan your game time.
Featured image courtesy of Blizzard Entertainment.