With World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Classic, heroes of Azeroth can relive the dangers of Northrend, confront the infamous Lich King, and push back the Scourge. Before the expansion releases on Classic servers on the 26th of September, there will be a WoW WotLK Classic pre-patch launching at an earlier date and time.
This article explains the exact launch date and time for the WotLK Classic pre-patch and the type of content World of Warcraft players can expect to enjoy.
WoW WotLK Classic Pre-Patch Launch Date & Time
The WoW WotLK Classic pre-patch launches nearly a month before the full Classic expansion, providing citizens of Azeroth with quite a bit of time to experience the first new content.
- Asmongold thinks Warcraft Arclight Rumble will make more money than WoW
- WoW Dragonflight Pre-Order - All Editions, Bonuses, And More
- WoW Dragonflight max level and progression path
- World of Warcraft Dragonflight - Dragonriding Gameplay, Skills, and Unlocks
Cutting right to the chase now, the launch date for the WoW WotLK Classic pre-patch is 30th August 2022.
Blizzard noted that the time the pre-patch would go live is "during regional maintenance," but what does that mean if you haven't played World of Warcraft for a while or joined a Classic server before?
Well, for US citizens, the WoW WotLK Classic pre-patch goes live after extended maintenance of 19:00 and 03:00 PDT on 30th and 31st August 2022. For those in Europe, the WotLK Classic pre-patch is expected to release between 03:00 and 11:00 CEST on 31st August 2022.
WoW WotLK Classic Pre-Patch Content
The WoW WotLK Classic pre-patch release marks the new Fresh Start Realms launch, alongside a few pieces of content and system updates.
In short, players will be able to create their first Death Knight starting on 30th August 2022 once the WotLK Classic pre-patch goes live. Further, they can use the Inscription profession to create glyphs. Below, you can check out the brief descriptions of the two pieces of content releasing with the WotLK Classic pre-patch.
- The Rise of Death Knights – Available to both factions and starting at level 55, Death Knights - World of Warcraft’s first hero class - harness the powers of darkness to help combat the evil that threatens Azeroth. While Death Knights are limited to one per server and require a level 55 character on that server to create, in Wrath Classic, we will be bypassing that requirement for a player’s first Death Knight.
- New Profession Inscription – This new profession allows players to scribe mystical glyphs that modify the properties of spells and abilities (cooldowns, damage, etc.), and craft powerful trinkets and off-hand items.
Check it out below if you've been covered under heaps of snow and missed the Wrath of the Lich King Classic trailer.
So there you have it, the exact release date and time for WoW WotLK Classic's pre-patch alongside the content you can experience. Frostmourne hungers, after all!
Featured image courtesy of Blizzard Entertainment.
Check out our video below, where we dive deep into the lore of the Dragon Aspects in World of Warcraft, discussing all the leaders, their history, and some family drama!
Dragonflight Guides - Primal Storms Event| Content Roadmap| Play On Steam Deck| Raid Schedule| Dracthyr Evoker Class| Dragon Isles Zones| Max Level & Progression Path| Crafting Orders| Dragonriding| Editions & Bonuses|Dracthyr Evoker|Twitch Drops & Rewards|Maintenance Schedule US & EU|Check Server Status|Performance & Stuttering Fix|DPS Tier List|Mythic+ Affix Rotation Season 1|Reset Talents | Transfer Aborted & World Down Issues | Tangled Dreamweaver Mount | Stuck on Loading Screen Error Fix | Vault of the Incarnates Loot | Wrathion or Sabellian? |
Featured image courtesy of Blizzard.