Black Ops Cold War Battle Pass & Warzone
The release date for the first Black Ops Cold War Battle Pass is 10th December 2020, and it will have cross-progression and integration with Warzone.
In fact, you will be able to progress your Battle Pass by playing Black Ops Cold War, Warzone, and Modern Warfare. Yes, one Battle Pass to rule them all...
There will be both a free version and a premium version of the Black Ops Cold War Battle Pass, and rewards will be available for both Warzone and Black Ops Cold War. You will also be able to earn XP to level up your Battle Pass in Modern Warfare, and then use the items unlocked in Warzone.
Activision gave the following details in a recent post.
- Modern Warfare Battle Pass content earned and store purchases are planned to continue to be available in Modern Warfare and Warzone. While we continue to optimize for platforms and disk space, we plan to retain all Modern Warfare content for continued use in Warzone at least through the initial Black Ops Cold War seasons of content.
- For Season One, expect a multitude of fresh and exciting Battle Pass items you can access both in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.
- While Season One Battle Pass content is accessible in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, players will still be able to progress the Battle Pass by playing Modern Warfare.
- Battle Pass content you unlock will be visible no matter which game you’re playing.
Activision has confirmed it has no plans to remove content from Warzone.
Black Ops Cold War shared Store
At launch, Black Ops Cold War will not have a store available or COD points. Once Season One releases, your points will be available to use starting 10th December.
All bundles will be labelled showcasing which titles (Warzone, Modern Warfare and BLOPS Cold War) they can be used for.
Basically, there will be one shared store between all three games.
- Black Ops Cold War Store: Purchase content to utilize in Black Ops Cold War. Nearly all content from Black Ops Cold War is usable in Warzone but all items will be clearly labelled.
- Warzone Store: This store offers a mixture of content from both Black Ops Cold War and Modern Warfare games, nearly all of which can be utilized in Warzone and the game for which it was designed. All items will be clearly labelled.
- Modern Warfare Store: Purchase content to utilize in Modern Warfare. Most content from Modern Warfare is usable in Warzone but all items will be clearly labelled.
Activision notes the team will "work diligently" to ensure all of the content is accessible as the Black Ops Cold War seasons progress, and the Warzone story unfolds.