The problem, largely made known by YouTuber TheXclusiveAce, stemmed from the weapon’s range being increased - which seemingly extended to the underbarrel shotgun attachment. This meant many players could land shotgun blasts at an enormous distance, which soon became abused by players to land easy kills.
After promising a fix was on the way, Infinity Ward has now released an update - which also contains other weapon adjustments, like nerfs to the Bruen MK9.
You can check out the full patch notes below for the update.
An update has rolled out to fix the issue (Picture: Activision)
Warzone and Modern Warfare patch notes for FR 5.56 fix
Warzone: 12-Gauge Deputy underbarrel shotgun:
- Clamped close lethal damage
- Fixed damage falloff for the FR 5.56 underbarrel shotgun
- Reduced upper torso damage
- Base weapon - Increased recoil
- 60 Round Mag – Additional increased recoil
- Reduced movement penalty for drum mags
- Increased base ADS movement speed
725 Sawed-Off Barrel:
- Small increase to ADS time
- Small decrease to movement speed
- Reduced close lethal damage range
Fix for an exploit near the Prison in Warzone
Removing the VO from the High Alert perk