Call of Duty Warzone Season 4, aka, Mercenaries of Fortune, is now live across all platforms. It's a pretty beefy update, adding a new battle pass, a new map, new weapons, new operators, new game modes, and more to Activision's free-to-play battle royale game.
With such a massive update, it's hard to keep track of everything that's new and everything that's been tweaked. Thankfully, the new update comes along with massive patch notes that detail all the juicy details. With that said, here's everything included in the Warzone Season 4 patch notes.
Everything included in Warzone Season 4 patch notes
Warzone Season patch 4 is broken down into ten sections. They are Events, Modes, Maps, Gameplay, Quality of Life, Perks, Tactical Equipment, Weapons, Attachments, and Bug Fixes.
- Warzone Season 4 Roadmap - Fortune's Keep, Caldera update, new modes, more
- Warzone Season 4 Fortune’s Keep map - All POI, layout, and more
- Warzone Season 4 New Guns - UGM-8, Marco 5, Vargo-S, And More
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (2022) - PC System Requirements
Mercenaries of Fortune New Event | June 22nd through July 7th
This new Limited-Time Event features eight Challenges on Caldera and Fortune’s Keep. Get rewards like new Weapon Camos, Reticle, Charms, Emblem, Sticker, and a Legendary animated Calling Card. Complete all eight Challenges to earn the coveted gold skin for the Armored SUV.
- Collect $100,000 in gold on Fortune’s Keep.
- Rare “Venomous Approval” Weapon Sticker
- Get 50 Player kills on Fortune’s Keep.
- Legendary “False Prospector” Golden Vanguard Weapon Camo.
- “Shopping Spree”
- Purchase 5 items from the Black Market Station on Fortune’s Keep.
- Epic “Scaled Snipe” Weapon Reticle
- “Pocket Sand”
- Dig up 3 piles of buried treasure on Fortune’s Keep.
- Epic “Nefarious Deeds” Weapon Charm
- “Road Trip”
- Get 25 kills or assists while in a vehicle.
- Legendary “Nugget” Weapon Charm
- “Storing Bodies”
- Get 100 kills in Storage Town on Caldera.
- Rare “Death Prospector” Golden Vanguard Weapon Camo
- Open a Mercenary Vault in Caldera.
- Rare “Fanged Assault” Emblem
- “Gilded Victor”
- Win 1 game of Golden Plunder.
- Legendary “Venomous Wealth” Animated Calling Card
- Event Completionist
- Ultra “The Vault” Golden Vehicle Customisation Skin for the Armored SUV
Golden Plunder | New Caldera Mode
This new limited-time Mode offers a new take on the Blood Money experience:
- Player count increased to 120, up from 100
- Players drop more Cash on death
- Cash required for Victory increased to $5,000,000
- Visit one of the malfunctioning ATM machines to earn additional $$$
- Hunt down Golden Keycards in ground loot to access valuable bunkers
Fortune’s Keep Resurgence | New Fortune’s Keep Mode
At launch, Fortunes Keep will have the same Player count as Rebirth Resurgence to allow Players to familiarize themselves with the new map and for us to acquire data on the similarities between time-to-action on both maps. We will then be looking to increase the Player count should the experience need an adjustment to match Rebirths pacing.
- Player Counts
- Solos: 46
- Duos: 46
- Trios: 45
- Quads: 40
- Most Wanted Contracts have been removed from the Plunder loot pool.
Fortune’s Keep | New Map
A brand-new Warzone Resurgence Battle Royale map featuring stunning vistas and undiscovered riches.
Slightly larger than Rebirth Island, this island features four distinct New Points of Interest:
- Cobblestone alleyways and flat rooftops to traverse across, an old fortress in the town center, a coastal path with a gazebo, and a graveyard.
- Smuggler’s Cove
- A lighthouse and a series of fishing huts above sea caves that contain stockpiles of equipment and loot.
- The largest landmark on the island, this medieval fortress includes winding hallways, ramparts, watchtowers, and a tunnel system.
- An old monastery with entrances on all sides and an underground passage, nearby a military camp.
This new map also comes with a series of brand new features to experience including:
- Mercenary Cash Extraction | New Public Event
- A.I. units will attempt to air lift Cash. Players can choose to intercept this extraction for rewards.
- This Event occurs during the 2nd and 4th Circles, indicated by a signal flare and an icon on the Tac Map.
- Black Market Supply Run | New Contract
- This contract will require Players to track down the Black Market Buy Station before a timer expires.
- Players will have access to unique items such as the Sequencer Grenade, the Nebula V Minigun, Foresight, a Specialist Bonus, or one of several classified Weapons.
- Sequencer Grenade | New Tactical Equipment
- This tactical grenade applies a visual distortion effect with floating red numbers on the victims screen, as well an auditory debuff.
- Players can counter this effect via the Battle Hardened Perk or using a Stim.
- Can only be acquired through the new Black Market Buy Station.
For Season Four, our goal is to open up the map for cleaner sightlines and reduced visual noise on the map. This “arid” approach to map direction will bring a new dynamic to the gameplay - bush camping will become a rarity rather than the norm, it brings added value to Field Upgrades like the Deployable Cover, and positional awareness and proximity to landmarks now being of high priority.
The many Gameplay changes made in Season Three, such as the Sniper rebalance, the Ghost movement change, and the addition of the Serpentine Perk were made in preparation of Season Four - knowing that improved map sightlines require adjustments in certain areas of the gameplay to keep engagements in a healthy balance.
With this being the most comprehensive set of changes to Caldera since Season One, we will continue to monitor feedback and sentiment and make additional changes where necessary.
- Storage Town | New Point of Interest
- The return of the fan favorite POI, Storage Town, now visible on the Tac Map.
- This POI will be used for a dedicated “Clash” Limited-Time Mode in Week 3 of Season Four.
- Micro POIs | New Map Elements
- The addition of new micro POIs to fill gaps between the major POIs to offer more looting and engagement opportunities.
- Mercenary Bunkers / Golden Keycards | New Gameplay
- New keycards found in ground loot provide access to any of the 7 mercenary bunkers hidden across the map - indicated on the Tac Map with yellow circles.
- “Arid” Vegetation | Updated Gameplay
- Vegetation across Caldera has been reduced by 50%.
- A new 'arid' look to the map was implemented to offer some visual variety to this season. It has the added benefits of improved performance on all platforms, better Player reads, and location awareness by opening up views to landmarks. Additionally, many plant Models have quality improvements on the Xbox One.
- Fighter Plane | Updated Gameplay
- With the positive response to the Fighter Plane returning in Operation Monarch we have re-enabled these vehicles for Battle Royale and will continue to monitor sentiment and engagement over the season.
- Weapon Trade Stations | New Gameplay | In-Season
- Weapon Trade Stations have been added to various locations across Caldera that allow players to trade in their weapons for high value loot.
New Gameplay Features
- Armored SUV | New Vehicle
- This vehicle comes with a dedicated rooftop turret seat and additional seats for Operators to use their own loadout weapons.
- Can be acquired as a reward for completing Sabotage Contracts.
- [In-Season] Nitro Boost for instant but limited acceleration.
- EMP Grenade | New Tactical Equipment | All Modes
- A non-lethal tactical grenade designed primarily around counter-vehicle play that also disrupts enemy electronics.
- Disrupts enemy electronics and removes the HUD for 6 seconds.
- These effects can be reduced via the Battle Hardened Perk.
- Deactivates Vehicle engines for 10 seconds.
- Broken ATMs | New Interactable
- Players can choose to visit broken ATMs around the map for a guaranteed source of Cash.
- Funds periodically spawn near broken ATMs - up to a maximum cap if left unlooted.
- Portable Redeploy Balloon | New Deployable | All Modes | In-Season
- It’s in the name… a portable version of the popular Redeploy Balloons.
- Can be placed on the ground and used until it expires or is destroyed.
Quality of Life
- Loadout Crate UI Selection
- The in-game Loadout Crate UI selection will always start at the top of the list.
- Gas Mask Animation
- The ‘break’ animation will no longer interrupt parachuting while falling.
- This has been updated to align with the previous update to the ‘removal’ animation.
- Buy Station Menu
- Option added to Settings Menu allowing Players to enable the ability to remain in the Buy Station menu/UI when making multiple purchases.
- Player owned inventory will be indicated next to items in brackets.
- i.g. Gas Mask 
- Deployable Buy Station
- This deployable will now live for longer in the gas to keep it consistent with the behavior of the in-world Buy Station emplacements.
- Fire Sale Public Event
- Self Revive will now have a small associated cost similar to that of other items.
- Loadout Drop Markers will now receive a discount.
- Infil POI Text
- We have updated both the font and color of the default Infil POI text to improve the visibility of High Value Loot Zones.
- Out-Of-Bounds Timer
- Increase to 10 seconds, up from 5 seconds.
- Gulag Audio
- Spectators now have muted footstep audio for Players who are fighting in the new “Hold” Gulag.
- On-Screen Hit Markers
- Reduced the duration of on-screen hit markers when Players are being hit to better show the most recent hit direction.
- Redeploy Positioning
- Players who redeploy via Gulag victory or are bought back will now spawn in close proximity to their Squad or Loadout.
- This was previously implemented in Season Three but had to be reverted due to an issue that has subsequently been resolved.
- Ground Loot Perks
- We’ve been delighted with the response to Perks in Ground Loot so have added the following as the rarest drop rate:
- Combat Scout
- Double Time
- Cold Blooded
- Battle Hardened
- Stun and flash resistance increased to 70%, up from 40%
- Awards an additional $500 in the scavenger pouch with each kill.
- Provides a 25% discount on all Buy Station items, including Loadout Drop Markers.
This work was completed during Season Three Reloaded but is listed here for comprehensiveness.
- Restock Perk
- Recharge Time increased to 30 seconds, up from 25 seconds.
- Radar Jammer
- Reduced drop rate chances in Rebirth Resurgence and Fortune’s Keep.
- Snapshot Grenade
- Radius decreased to 22 meters, down from 27.4 meters
- UGM-8: Light Machine Gun (VG)
- High fire rate, mobile LMG that excels at creating suppressing fire and pushing enemy positions.
- Marco 5: Submachine Gun (VG)
- A high mobility submachine gun, accurate from the hip with excellent close-range stopping power.
New Weapon Unlock Challenges
- M1916: Marksman Rifle (VG)
- Earn 10 single-shot eliminations in 15 matches.
- Nikita AVT: Assault Rifle (VG)
- Earn 10 kills while moving in 15 matches
Have a look at our Warzone Season 4 Weapon Balancing post for a detailed breakdown of all the Weapon and Attachments Adjustments in Season 4.
- Improved rendering performance on console.
- Fixed an issue where Vanguard weapons would not receive any rotational flinch while using certain Optics. All Weapons are now closer in parity to Modern Warfare and Cold War.
- Fixed an issue preventing two successive Claymores downing a Player.
- Fixed an issue with post-launch Vanguard Weapons where unlocked Camos couldn’t be equipped in Warzone.
- Fixed issue where reticle Challenges for Black Ops Cold War Weapons were impossible to progress.
- Fixed an issue where if the Player is downed in a vehicle or the vehicle is destroyed, using a self-revive will cause the Player to lose their riot shield if they had one equipped.
- Fixed an issue where the “Astrakhan” Padmavati skin would obscure the Player’s vision.
- Fixed an issue where a Redeploy Balloon platform near Runway was floating above the ground.
- Fixed an issue where Players could get stuck on cliffs near Village.
- Fixed an issue where an Ascender near Radio Station would cause Players to ascend facing backwards.
- Fixed an issue where the “M3 Ready Grip” was not an available Attachment for the Nikita AVT (VG).
- Fixed an issue where the “Type 99 10.0x Telescopic Optic” was not an available Attachment for the Nikita AVT (VG).
- Fixed an issue where the “Explosive Flechettes” Attachment for the UGR (BOCW) displayed an incorrect icon.
- Fixed an issue where the “Marauder Flash Hider” Attachment for the Armaguerra 43 (VG) displayed an incorrect icon.
- Fixed an issue where the “Marauder Flash Hider” Attachment for the Welgun (VG) was incorrectly named.
- Fixed an issue where the Diamond Camo Challenges for the M1916 (VG) did not correctly refer to Marksman Rifles.
- Fixed an issue where the “SWAT 5 mw Laser Sight” Attachment for the LAPA (BOCW) displayed an incorrect icon.
- Fixed an issue where scrolling over the “Fenrir Unchained” Finishing Move would kick the Player from the menu.
- Fixed an issue where the "Growling Guardian" Charm did not appear in the Charm selection menu.
- Fixed an issue where the Player would be prompted to install new video drivers despite using the latest video driver version.
- Fixed an issue where the pre-ordering the Vault Edition bundle for MWII on Steam would not grant Players the “Ghost Legacy Pack”.
That's everything included in Call of Duty Warzone Season 4 patch notes.
For more on the popular Activision franchise, head over to our section dedicated to the latest Call of Duty game guides, news, tips, and much more.
Featured image courtesy of Activision.
For more Call of Duty news, be sure to check out our dedicated section or some of our MW2 Guides & Tutorials below:
Modern Warfare 2 Guides - Jack Links Skin | Unlock All Operators | Check Server Status | Get Twitch Drops | Post-Credit Scene Explained | Unlock Gold Camo | Get Burger Town Operator | MGB Nuke | Unlock Every Weapon | All Killstreaks| Safe Code Locations|Check KD Ratio|XP Farm Trick|Chopper Gun Glitch|Weapon Tuning|Change Name Color|Hardcore Tier 1 Mode| Turn Off Crossplay|Steam Deck| Raid: Atomgrad | How To Play "Support A Team" | Unlock Orion Camo | Aim Assist Settings |
Modern Warfare 2 Fixes & Issues-Best NVIDIA GeForce Drivers | Dev Error 6036 | MW2 Missing Items | Unlimited Tactical Sprint Bug | Stuck On Installing Bug | Display Name Not Allowed Bug|Gold Camo Not Unlocking|Voice Chat Not Working| Display FPS Counter |
Best Modern Warfare 2 Loadouts - Best Weapon Tier List | M4 Loadout| PDSW 528 Loadout|TAQ-V Loadout|M4 Loadout|Fennec 45| No Recoil M4 Loadout | SA-B 50 Loadout | Kastov-74U Loadout |