Bank holiday Monday (at least in the UK) has provided the perfect day for what feels like a bonus tournament of sorts.
(Picture: Cash App)
The Cash App Warzone tournament in partnership with BoomTV has a $60k prize pool and some of the game's best players. Here is everything you need to know.
The event is set to kick-off at 12:00 pm PT / 3:00 pm ET / 8:00 pm BST on the 31st August.
It is a one-day event with a winner declared by the day's end.
The format is the classic pub stomp format that has typified competitive Warzone. Teams of two will battle it out in a double-elimination knockout format until only the victors remain.
- 2v2 Duos in Quads, Public Matchmaking
- Winners R1: Bo5 (Note: Kills do not add up, each game is independent. Teams will leave games once they've won that game. Duo that gets more kills in 3 games first = winner)
- Winners R2 to Winners Finals: Bo3 (Duo that gets more kills in 2 games first = winner)
- Losers: Bo1
- Grand Finals: bo5 with Winners team up 1-0
- If teams tie in kills for any game:
- Compare each team’s total damage of that game
- Compare each team’s highest damage players of that game
- Compare each team’s second-highest damage players of that game
- One more 2v2 game, 1st duo to 5 kills
The bracket and all live scoring can be found on the Boom.TV website.
- NICKMERCS & ImNio
- exzachtt & averagejoewo
- Karma & DougisRaw
- BobbyPoffGaming & Rated
- Aydan & Mutex
- itzwarsz & vxpulear
- Nadeshot & cloakzy
- Trainwreckstv & FeLo
- Symfuhny & HusKerrs
- Pamaj & Skyz
- Tommey & AlmxndTV
- KingRichard & Jukeyz
- Tfue & SuperEvan
- Destroy & ClutchBelk
- Vikkstar123 & fifakillvisualz
- Frozone & aHTracT12
How to watch the Cash App Warzone tournament
All of the action can be followed on the official broadcast on the Cash App Twitch channel. Each participant will also be streaming their action from their POV so if you want to drop into Tfue's games or NICKMERCS you have that option.
We have embedded both the Cash App Twitch channel and some of our favourite Warzone streamers for your convenience.