Vanguard's full release featured many changes and tools, including new maps, weapons, and new perks and killstreaks to take advantage of.
Taking this into account, another aspect that many players sought to know are the types of equipment they will be able to bring in combat, allowing them to create more precise strategies to advance and attack.
Lethal, Tactical and Field equipment in COD Vanguard
As with the perks and killstreaks, some of these could already be tested by some users during the Champion Hill Alpha, which was available exclusively on PlayStation consoles and the game's open beta.
Beyond this, we have get to know each of the equipment available in-depth, starting with the lethal ones.
As its name implies, lethal equipment will allow us to finish or counteract the enemy offensive from a safe distance, as most of these are explosives with a high impact.
- MK2 Frag Grenade: Cookable fragmentation grenade.
- Gammon Bomb: Explodes on impact.
- Throwing Knife: Retrievable knife that can be thrown quickly and quietly to eliminate enemies.
- Thermite: Explosive that burns fiercely for a short time after impact. Sticks to surfaces.
- Demolition Charge: Large explosive that sticks to surfaces and can be detonated remotely.
- Molotov Cocktail: Improvised incendiary device that explodes on impact.
As for the tactical ones, these are designed for players who want to focus on breaking through the enemy zones with more intelligence, using artefacts to disturb the opponents’ movement, creating chances for attack and push.
- No. 69 Stun Grenade: Slows victim’s movement and aiming.
- Smoke Grenade: Deploys a smoke screen that blocks vision.
- Stim: Military stimulant that cauterizes combat wounds and refreshes Tactical Sprint.
- MK V Gas: Explodes on impact with the ground, releasing a lingering cloud of tear gas that causes slowed movement, blurred vision, and coughing.
- S-Mine 44: Proximity-triggered explosive.
- Decoy Grenade: Counter-intel grenade that simulates fake gunfire and radar signatures that confuse the enemy.
COD Vanguard also brought back a mechanic introduced in Modern Warfare, after its good reception in Black Ops Cold War, the field upgrades. These are temporary artefacts you can bring with you during the battle, as these give you and your squad some useful advantages.
- Supply Box: Deploys a box of ammo and equipment for you and your teammates. Explodes when shot. Recharge Rate: Fast.
- Goliath: A small remote-controlled bomb on tracks. Controllable for 30 seconds, after which it self-destructs. Can be detonated early. Recharge Rate: Slow.
- Dead Silence: Temporarily makes your footsteps silent and makes you undetectable by Spy Planes, enemy intel, and Field Mics. Gun, melee, and Throwing Knife kills refresh duration. Recharge Rate: Fast.
- Jammer: Jams the minimap of nearby enemies. Recharge Rate: Fast.
- Deployable Cover: Rapidly deployable ballistic cover. Recharge Rate: Fast.
- Armor Plates: Equip body armor, preventing damage to your torso until broken. Recharge Rate: Slow.
- Field Mic: Reveals nearby enemy movement on the minimap. Recharge Rate: Medium.
- Tactical Insertion: Marks a location as your next spawn point. Recharge Rate: Medium.
- Dead Drop: Records your current Killstreak score and awards it back when you next respawn. Recharge Rate: Fast.
Remember that you can only pick one of each before any game, so try to choose the best options according to your skill and performance, or if you aren’t good with these, then try to experiment with all of them until you find your find the best that fits your style.
With this, we finish our full rundown about all lethal and tactical equipment available in COD Vanguard.
Read more: All COD Vanguard trophies and achievements
Don't forget to check out our dedicated Call of Duty section for franchise leaks, news, guides, loadout setups, weapon tier lists and much more.
Featured image courtesy of Sledgehammer Games.